Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I am watching “Mum” from BBCTV. It is the story of a newly widowed woman but not depressing. It is light hearted and shows her gentle sensitivity and how it helps other characters in the show.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    I also enjoyed call the midwife.
    and Anne with an E!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Moonflower I can remember sitting with my son when he was young, watching TV. I think we had “bonding time” (as I thought of it in my own mind but not said to him) watching shows about animals. There was a show, the name of which now escapes me, about rescue animals.
    Thank you for reminding me of this. It is a good memory of him (as he is now grown up) sitting together.
    As for me, I’m still hooked on Bargain Hunt. If only I lived in the UK I’d apply to go on it! I’ve been watching it nightly for so long I can predict now what many items are worth before the expert gives an opinion!
    Last edited by Falena Porter; 09-10-2020, 21:30.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I watched loads of "Call the Midwife" a few years back--just loved it, Moonflower!

Leave a comment:

• moonflower
    replied
    Falena that sounds interesting, maybe on my Thanksgiving break I'll have to look that one up and see if I can find it.

I don't really sit down and watch much tv right now, but I do try and watch a movie with my son once a week or he'll really want me to watch a show with him. I was recently reminded how sweet the How to Tame Your Dragon trilogy is, we watched the 2nd one last week. I also enjoyed one called Mako Mermaids, it's a whole series about this girl that discovers she's a mermaid.

Oh, and Anne with an "E", based on Anne of Green Gables. Might have binge watched that at the beginning of quarantine.

On the adult front, I've really enjoyed a BBC show named "Call the Midwife" it's based in the east end of London, I believe in the end of the 1950's going into the early 1960's. It revolves around the nuns of nonnatus house and the nurses that live with them, primarily the show focuses on the midwifery but there is a lot more to it.

I also really enjoyed Madame Secretary, She's such a strong female character, smart, courageous, real.

That's probably everything good I've watch this past year (or more) lol.

Leave a comment:

• Nane
    replied
    "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" is my go to right now. The show plays in Australia in the 20ies, takes up a lot of social issues, has strong characters, and little actual violence.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I am imagining all of that lusciousness, Overcome. I should find a way to do some small-batch baking sometime.

I've had fun keeping up with Claire and her 10 cats on youtube's Cream Heroes and Kittisaurus channels. A young Korean woman with a contagious laugh, she is very creative with her furry charges.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Thanks! I’m currently addicting to the great baking show. I turn it on mute and watch while I am cutting things for school and just drool over the yummies coming across the screen. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Every so often (but not often enough) I come across a movie which really stays with me for days afterwards.

This happened last week. I came across an American movie called "Natural Selection."

Note that there are two movies with this title. I am referring to the one which was made in 2011 and stars Rachel Harris and Matt O'Leary, not the one made later in 2016.

It is about a Christian woman who is unable to have children and who goes in search of a son who was conceived by donor insemination from her husband. Her husband asks that she go in search of his long lost son on his deathbed.

Throughout the movie, I feared for the character whose name is Linda, but (not wanting to give you a spoiler) there is a positive ending. However, the ending is not a slick one.

I loved this movie because the characters were so real and the Christian values Linda holds are there in her, in her life, but her expression of them is not cut-and-paste.

There are some adult-type scenes although I don't think I'd describe them as graphic.

About my only criticism of the movie was that I found some of the dialogue hard to hear at times.

It's not a feel-good chick-flick movie for distraction but if you are looking for something different, with good characterisation and thought provoking, I would recommend this one.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    I watch whatever I can find on the free online stations.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I like documentaries, too. For some reason, I'm more a fan of nonfiction at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• knm875
    replied
    Looking for a new TV show to watch, but right now watching documentaries

Leave a comment:

• Fealkoq
    replied
    Euphoria on HBO, one of interesting latest shows

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    ooo that sounds like the kind of thing i would like i will see if it's available on any of the streaming services.

and great to 'see' you too Falena :rbsmile:

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    That sounds like a good show! I might have to check it out

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X