Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    Watching whatever we can get on a single free to air channel, currently interstate Nightly News.

The whole of our little island State is without fibre optic internet today. The cables were somehow cut about lunch time today. The only internet we have is limited 3g and 4g mobile.

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    We've just gotten Season 4 of The Rookie airing here, so, painstakingly, I am waiting for each episode, one every week. Nothing like missing the ability to binge watch the whole season in 1-2 viewings.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I am an animal lover as you all know. In particular, I love dogs.

There is a four part documentary showing on our national broadcaster at the moment called "Muster Dogs."

It shows a group of puppies being allocated to farmers who must train them over a period of a year, teaching them to follow orders as they round up sheep or cattle.

It is so much a feel-good show for anyone who loves animals.

I love watching sheep dogs and cattle dogs. They are so intelligent and lively.

I particularly love watching a dog which has presence with a cow or sheep and can stare it down and make sure it goes where it's supposed to.

I love their sassy courage.

I doubt that Muster Dogs would be available yet on international channels as it's only just showing here, but if you get the chance, make sure you don't miss it.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Thanks Humbled. I'll be sure to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Oh humbled I ,issued your post, I watched that movie it was good!

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    Originally posted by Emily View Post
    Was that with Taraji P Henson, Humbled? I'm pretty sure that movie's based on a true story. I haven't seen it, but it's on my list. I really like her, and I like stuff that feels so relevant to current events as well.
    Yes Emily, that's the one. It is based on a true story, which makes it more appealing to me. I probably wouldn't watch this kind of movie is it was fiction.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Yes! Stuffing them in her shirt and mouth lol. It’s hysterical.
    I also did watch a few documentaries and a work of fiction.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Originally posted by Overcome View Post
    That sounds really fun to watch falena. I’ve been going to a oldie … I love Lucy!
    I loved I Love Lucy. We used to watch reruns in the sixties everyday night. Remember the scene from the chocolate factory?

Last night, I watched quite a long documentary about her life and her relationship with Desi Arnes. She was a remarkable woman.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Was that with Taraji P Henson, Humbled? I'm pretty sure that movie's based on a true story. I haven't seen it, but it's on my list. I really like her, and I like stuff that feels so relevant to current events as well.

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    The most recent movie I watched , and also enjoyed, was Best of Enemies, a movie set in mid-1970's, about racial segregation and the KKK, and how a town fought for justice and won.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    That sounds really fun to watch falena. I’ve been going to a oldie … I love Lucy!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I've been watching a show called "Pilgrimage: The Road to Istanbul." It is a three part documentary following seven celebrities who take a pilgrimage across eastern Europe to Istanbul.

The celebrities come from a variety of spiritual backgrounds: atheist, agnostic, Christian, Islamic.

I enjoyed going on the journey with them. It is not preachy, you really feel you are there with people and their growing friendships as they explore what they believe and their reactions to the places they encounter on their way to Istanbul.

There is also another show in the same series, "Pilgrimage: Road to Rome," which I watched last year.

I have seen these shows on our free to air, national broadcaster. I would imagine these programs would be available in many countries and are well worth a look, especially if you've ever thought you'd like to do one of these pilgrimage walks.

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    enjoying "one tree hill"

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    I've been sick with bronchitis for over a week and had almost exclusive control over the remote.... this kind of power is really over-rated.
    although, I have enjoyed catching up in the newest series of The Rookie, as well as some feel-good Hallmark movies

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I usually haven't been watching TV shows. Videos, mostly. But a few years back I adored This is Us!

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X