Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catie
    replied
    A few years ago I enjoyed call the midwife very very much, and I read the book

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    I love call the midwife.

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    We've been watching Australian Idol. They are making their way to the final 12 contestants.
    Also, looking forward to the return of The Good Doctor, which was stopped mid-season because apparently cricket, tennis, and other summer delights are more important.

Tonight we are watching the news about the anniversary of the bombing of Darwin (Australia), 81 years ago today.

Leave a comment:

• timey
    replied
    Currently I am watching Grey's Anatomy - semi-binge watching. I allow myself a few episodes a day unless I have decided I need a rest from responsibility and then I shut myself in my room and watch several episodes.

I also like Call the MIdwife (call me strange). I would love to watch The Resident, but I missed the beginning and can't find a free streaming service that has it.

I have read The Handmaid's Tale. Don't know if I could watch it. I think it might be triggering.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    Sounds interesting, Hope4Healing. I haven't seen either of those.

Leave a comment:

• Hope4Healing
    replied
    I’ve been watching All Creatures Great & Small (newer one - only 3 seasons) and Miss Scarlett & the Duke on PBS.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Originally posted by Tulip View Post
    I think the Chosen is accessible free to most countries online Falena???? you can watch it on a laptop through your internet browser as i do. If you googgled 'watch, the chosen, angel studios' you'd find it for sure, should you want to of course.
    Oh, yeah! I now see that I can! Thank you Tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    oh! the sewing bee, its a top favourite of mine, of course with your sewing knowledge & enthusiasm you'll love that.

My mother was a keen dressmaker, even made her own wedding dress, & i have fond memories of lying in bed as a child, while 'he' was out at the pub & her sewing machine running downstairs, a comforting sound. the bee makes me feel close to her. I particularly love the transformation challenge

I think the Chosen is accessible free to most countries online Falena???? you can watch it on a laptop through your internet browser as i do. If you googgled 'watch, the chosen, angel studios' you'd find it for sure, should you want to of course.

Humbledbygrace, i just noticed Four Good days is coming to Netflix uk nxt wk it looks good
    Last edited by Tulip; 22-01-2023, 00:00.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I don't have access to The Chosen but lately have been watching two shows.

One is a BBC production called Pilgrimage. It is about modern day pilgrims who walk a pathway in Scotland. They come from a variety of traditions of faith.

There was also a previous series in which a group of people walked to Istanbul.

I've also been watching something quite different: The Great British Sewing Bee. There are 8 seasons so I've plenty of episodes awaiting me yet. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    Being unwell for the past 6 weeks, I have spent a lot of time blobbing on the couch. I've recently watched two good series on Stan... but disappointed because they have been axed after a couple of seasons. Well one was after the first season.
    Chasing Life
    Open Heart

Last night I started watching Amazing Grace, only one season... but fell asleep not long into the first episode.

Hubby and I have jut finished watching Four Good Days, on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    I’ve watched 3 episodes of the Chosen so far. I like it thus far. Would love to hear everyone’s take on it, Tulip. Please do open a thread in Mercy Place.

And, btw, it’s fine to mention it here as it is certainly a tv show. LOL. No worries there, but to go into discussion about it may be spiritually triggering to some, so you are right for thinking the Mercy Place for that thread…which I hope you will do.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    I’d like you to open it tulip, I’d love to hear about your opinion and others of course of the show. I watched the first two seasons and heard the last episodes of the third will be in theaters, so I will probably go. I like to support religious films so that they continue to come to my area .

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    glad you werent upset Catie.

sometimes minority opinions carry important insight others have missed, i like to know about them

So just to confirm... does that mean you're happy for me to open a thread to discuss in mercy place

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    No worries, dear ((((((((((((Tulip)))))))))))). You caused me no distress at all. I probably shouldn't have posted what likely came off as a very negative reply. I coulda just said, I have tried it out and really don't care for The Chosen. I realize I'm in the minority among believers with my opinion about it. There are others, of course and I've seen a few in the Youtube community. I'll add that I adored the film Godspell back in the day and love Biblical plays and musicals, as well some older films like the Matthew and Acts series with Bruce Marchiano. : )
    Last edited by Catie; 19-01-2023, 23:05.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Gosh how awful ((((Catie)))) I remember your distress over that i wouldnt have posted this had i known.

I also realise i probably should have posted this in the mercy place rather than the lounge. I was thinking of it as TV but of course it being a spiritual/religious programme i think i made an error & further discussion shouldnt be here.

I'm thinking about opening a thread in mercy place then, because while i am enjoying the show, the fact that you dont like it gives me pause, because i respect your judgement. Your dislike suggests to me that there may be something unhealthy or concerning about it that i haven't picked up on... & if thats the case I'd very much like to know...

But I dont want to do something that would be upsetting or difficult for you sweet friend, i quite understand if you dont want to elaborate. I'm happy to just leave it alone.
    Last edited by Tulip; 19-01-2023, 11:22.

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X