Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I have been watching an old series but I laugh and laugh when I turn it on. It is called "The IT Crowd" and is on Netflix.

The early episodes are beautifully crafted.

I am also watching a series called "Backroads" which is an ABC production (Australian). It takes you around to dots on the map in Australia and shows you people and events you'd normally never know about. (All the episodes are on a website but I know sometimes it isn't possible to download shows from all countries.)

It is a gentle show with a lovely warm presenter. I feel like I've been taken on a lovely visit to a country town whenever I watch it. It is so nice watching something in which there is nothing to worry or feel concerned about.

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    watching we bare bears. lol

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    Indeedy doodles!

I've found that a few droning voices can knock me out handily. :lilsmile:

Leave a comment:

• wings
    replied
    Sometimes it helps to have something 'on' to drown out reality and carry us into la la land perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I avoid shoutfests too--yuck! And a lot of shows are nap-inducing for me, as well. Take me straight into La La Land.

Leave a comment:

• wings
    replied
    Good discussion....sometimes it's helpful to get lost a while in tv series....I loved all the Chicago ones... Chicago Fire/Med/PD(?). I end up sleeping through Netflix movies/documentaries/reality tv shows on a regular basis lol! The News these days is like watching a real life Soap Opera... likely best not to. I agree with those who commented on the inflammatory discussions and shouting matches over politics and so on....crazy times. I prefer to avoid all that as well.

Leave a comment:

• K_wish
    replied
    Originally posted by Brina View Post
    I think as someone who grew up as I did a lot of that kind of mind set and violence is familiar so it draws me into it.

not sure how healthy that is... ha
    I so relate!

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    I think as someone who grew up as I did a lot of that kind of mind set and violence is familiar so it draws me into it.

yeah i can relate to that somewhat, i have to be quite strict with myself in avoiding such things because if i once start watching triggering stuff i become kind of dissociatively mesmerised by it, & am not aware of how much it's triggering & distressing me until it ends & i reconnect with myself & it hits me like a tidal wave & i end up rocking in a ball on the floor. It is weird how we can be simultaneously drawn to things which might trigger us huh.

Due to my father being (amongst other things) a pathological liar & massive fantasist & con artist, i couldn't watch anything that involved people lying/conning others for many yrs, - which seriously restricted my choices! as nearly every plot involves lies etc
    ut i see it as a sign of my progress that i can watch that now without any after effects

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Originally posted by Emily View Post
    Tulip, I liked The West Wing so much we bought the dvd set. I've watched the whole thing several times. lol.
    ha ha me too! I have watched all 7 seasons at least 10 times! i watch it when i triggered & cant cope.
    I am drawn to the way the team can argue with one another so robustly, so pssionately without ever being abusive to each other. that is unheard of in my life. in my world itts dangerous to even think* contradictory things to the other person, never mind say them powerfully & challengingly, without fear. CJ is my hero

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    The Handmaids Tale.
    oh my goodness you are brave Brina, i found even the trailer for that distressing. but i know its very well made it had rave reviews here

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Tulip, I liked The West Wing so much we bought the dvd set. I've watched the whole thing several times. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied
    The Handmaids Tale.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    I havent heard of those first 2 Starship, are they reality tv style ones? sounds like home makeover/restoration type stuff. We do get Judge Judy over here though which i dont watch regularly but i have seen it & it's funny the way she just cuts through all the nonsense. I dont watch the news its so depressing & agitating, i just glance at the BBC news headlines online so i have a vague idea, but i figure that me crying over some atrocity isnt going to change it so why expose myself when strength is so limited. I agree about the shouting over each other, although i think UK is maybe bit more restrained where thats concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    Good thread!

I like Fixer Upper & Chopped. Also love to watch Judge Judy when I can. (She sees straight through people’s lies and rules fairly.) Other than that, my mother is always watching the news...so I get my fill of current events and commentary.

I actually detest the commentary where where people are shouting over each other. We’ve all got an opinion...why can’t they just speak civilly and respectfully?? :grim:

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X