Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship
    replied
    I love Big Bang Theory too. My schedule hasn't worked out lately to watch this last season, but I just might "binge" watch it over the Christmas break.

My latest show that I've been enjoying is on the Game Show Network. It's called "America Says." I love word games, so it's right up my alley.

Leave a comment:

• Bella G
    replied
    I like Heartland. I have just started back at the beginning again.
    I also like Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory and some NCIS episodes

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    yes i think that too Falena, & i have already benefited from many people's generosity over the yrs.
    tbh i'm generally as much amused by it as anything else.

My mother was pretty ruthless when it came to de cluttering & i must say as i get older i am following suit

Back to the thread topic, does anyone else watch Heartland? I just finished watching all 11 seasons in a row I just love it so much

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Tulip yes it was different before the internet (though those days are not hard to imagine.)

It also doesn't sound as if you had much say in the matter, either when you were 25.

I like to think that everything that goes around comes around.

So, by being generous to charity and others have benefitted from it. I like to think that our generosity comes back to us, maybe not necessarily in material ways, but perhaps in others.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied

A jug £250, a vase (cant remember exact amount but it was over £100), a piece of furniture £420. another vase worth £80, all my old Sindy dolls in mint condition (i treasured them) plus a complete Sindy doll's house & car & stable set with all the furniture & accessories, worth loads altogether but i cant remember exactly
    :groan:

When i moved into this house it was after my grandparents died & it was chok full of junk ..... plus a fair few things that were valuable but neither my mum or i had any idea. They weren't to our taste & didnt appear to be (to our very untrained eye) worth anything, so we dumped loads of stuff at the charity shop, clearing out room after room as we went. I shudder at the thought of it now, but i was 25 & Mum said it was all junk, & it was pre internet & even if it had occurred to us we wouldnt have known how to get anything valued so....

Mind you i did see a necklace identical to one of my granny's (that i did like & so i kept it & wore it a few times), adorning the neck of Lady Mary in Downton Abbey recently - another of my fave shows. It's made out of mother of pearl shell no gems lol but i am going to investigate if that is an antique or??? Well i suppose it must be as mum said it was my great grandmothers so must be at least 100yrs old :rbsmile:

We dont get fluffy animal type shows here i dont think only the wild nature type. Lots of vet progs & Animal rescue type shows but i find them a bit upsetting.
    Last edited by Tulip; 18-11-2018, 00:24.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Yes, the Bargain Hunt I mean is the one from the UK, with earlier episodes introduced by Tim Wonnacott an now others.

Starship, I haven't seen Fleamarket Flip here but I think I would like that one.

Ditto about Cash in the Attic but I haven't seen that here, either.

Tuliip what kinds of things had you given to the local op shop which later were shown to be worth hundreds of pounds?

Star, yes sometimes those cute animal shows are good for winding down. When one of my sons was young, we'd watch one each week and it was our bonding time.

The other show (which comes on after Bargain Hunt here) is Airport Security. Oh my goodness, if I'm not quick to get up and turn it off, I get hooked waiting to see what happens, it is cleverly edited in that way.

It is interesting to watch and see which airports have staff who are polite to people (even those who've made mistakes) and there are other ones at which the staff seem to be very authoritarian all the time, even if the misdemeanor is quite mild. For the life of me, though, I can never understand why anyone would give consent to have the filming done and then put to air.:dunno:

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    We certainly have a bargain hunt programme in the uk, it's been going for many years & there is a repeat of it on some channel of other at least once a day. It's very popular. We used to have a show called 'Cash in the attic', which was similar but an expert just turned up to the persons home & had a rummage through their stuff & then sent things to auction, i used to really like that, but used to also get horrified when i would see something i'd given to a charity shop yrs ago, sell for £100s (which happened quite a lot)

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    LOL Falena! Those are the great shows. I'd much rather watch that than the news also. Too much stress everywhere.

I always enjoy a good animal show on Saturdays. Not the ones that show the natural violence of the "wild" but the ones that show the sweet cuteness, cuddles, and idiosyncrasies of koala bears, ducks, and kittens, etc. :paw: :kitty:

I also love watching Flea Market Flip whenever I can catch it. I just enjoy the creativity.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    A day just isn't a day for me unless I have watched Bargain Hunt. :detectiv: Yes, I know it's the same thing over and over every single episode but I just have to watch it. :signlol: It's my chill out time of the day. It's on at the same time as the national news coverage, but hey who needs the news when they can vegetate in front of Bargain Hunt? :consider:

I've watched it for so long, I can quite often predict the value of something before they get to the bit when the auctioneer gives an estimate. It's not even the same currency as where I live, but I can still often guess a price.

If they filmed Bargain Hunt where I live, I'd be putting my name down to be a contestant!

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Originally posted by Nane View Post
    Catching up on White Colar
    Oh i really liked White Collar It was also somewhat helpful to me in terms of separating faudsters/conmen from violent abusive men. My father was both of these things & for a long while i couldnt have even watched something like White Collar as much too triggering, but watching it has helped me to see that just because people lie, doesnt make them abusive necessarily. I know it's only tv, but sometimes these things can be helpful

Leave a comment:

• Nane
    replied
    Catching up on White Colar

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    Originally posted by Tulip View Post
    Just to say that episode 2 of The Good Doctor looks to have a major Child SA trigger... it comes in the first few minutes - i didn't watch it through, - once i realised what was starting I grabbed for the remote... so i not sure how bad it is.
    thank you for letting us know. i didnt catch that one actually. that show comes on pretty late here (10 pm) so its hard to be able to see it.

last night had an anorexic patient.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    For any UK members... Red Dwarf season 12 is now available to stream on UKTV Play. So very funny

"if the universe is eventually going to explode, what is the point in cleaning above eye level?"

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Just to say that episode 2 of The Good Doctor looks to have a major Child SA trigger... it comes in the first few minutes - i didn't watch it through, - once i realised what was starting I grabbed for the remote... so i not sure how bad it is.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Originally posted by beautyforashes View Post
    the good doctor is back on again . been watching that as well
    OH brilliant i really like that show
    Also just started the final season of The Last Ship, which i like & often find curiously emotionally moving. Although season 4 wasnt quite as good.

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X