Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catie
    replied
    In part I lost my closest friend in 2021 because I don't like The Chosen. Because she had pressed me I did watch six episodes, not liking it any better as it went on.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Do any of you watch The Chosen?

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    This is about a podcast rather than television.

I love to listen to podcasts on the BBC app.

I am working my way through a series called “Lives Less Ordinary.”

I always believe everyone here has defied the odds by becoming a survivor.

This series is about other people who have had unorthodox and often underprivileged lives but at some point also make a decision to do things differently.

It is not about glitzy success but people who have defied the odds and done something extraordinary.

I find it very uplifting because these people are not picture perfect but they are strong.

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    I started watching Tales from the Crypt recently. Very fun! Definitely not for kiddos, though!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    It's been years since I watched an episode of The Golden Girls but I used to love it.

Now I'm about their age, I wonder if I may laugh for different reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    I love golden girls but have never seen fraiser, can you stream it anywhere? Recently been watching weird food history! Interesting stuff

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    I LOVE Frazier, too - especially Niles. Recently I’ve been catching some reruns late at night right after Golden Girls on the hallmark channel.

The comedy doesn’t get old!

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    yes indeed Falena I am laughing just thinking about them, yes the episodes of them at work & in session with clients are some of the funniest. Somehow the lampooning of their ridiculous & in many ways incompetent practice, made the neg experiences i had with therapists/psychs, it softens it a bit somehow being able to laugh at those experiences helps i think.

And i do love a comedy of errors. I quite often say (when multiple things are going wrong) i feel like i in an episode of Frasier!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    My favourite character was Eddy the Jack Russell terrier, so much so that I bought one for our family pet. They are such clever little dogs.

Yes I used to laugh and laugh at that show.

Maybe, too, I kind of liked that the psychiatrists themselves had their own idiosyncratic ways, dare I say hang ups? They make everyone else appear highly functional. And their pomposity was always called out in one way or another.
    Last edited by Falena Porter; 04-10-2022, 10:15.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Falena i have Frasier box set on dvd, Niles is one of the funniest characters ever for me, even though i know it almost by heart now it still makes me crease up laughing

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I used to love watching Frasier!

These days, I enjoy some armchair travel.

Michael Portillo and Chris Tarrant each have television series featuring rail journeys in different parts of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Glad you have some 'comfort shows' Plas, mine are Friends & Frasier

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    It has been a rather poor weekend/day, so I’m watching my comfort shows to help me feel better. Buffy, Parks and Rec, etc. They help me cope a lot better than I would otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Hahaha his videos are so interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    Short item, kinda off topic. For cat lovers in the building, The Kifness posted another song on Youtube based on a cat's meows. I love these pieces!

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X