Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulip
    replied
    No Overcome they're not. Its a different story, set about 300yrs before LOTR. It has Galadriel & Elrond as their much younger selves. It also has Elendil, Isildur & Durin, which is interesting. Galadriel is totally believable as her younger self, but i cant get on board with this Elrond being a younger version of Elrond in LOTR, the casting seems strange to me. At any rate its quite good if you like that sort of thing, which i do.

I was unsure at first, the first couple of episodes are a bit disorienting, while you try to fathom who everyone is & what's going on, but i'm on episode 6 now & really into it

Leave a comment:

• Nane
    replied
    I find "Castle" relaxing these days.

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    No, it’s a whole new prequel series. Sorry to bust your bubble, Overcome!

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Are the actors the same in LoTR?

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Pottery throw down is amazing. I had a boyfriend who was a potter once, he was lovely... ah, <wistful sigh>the one that got a way.

Am currently watching the new Lord of the Rings spin off on Amazon

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    I really need to finish Community. One of these days I will! Just after I uh…watch Parks and Rec for the umteenth time again. Sorry to disappoint, Starship!
    Last edited by Plas; 30-09-2022, 20:17.

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    Oh I remember that show, Plas. I used to watch it too. Sometimes reruns are just so much fun to watch.

I’ve enjoyed watching Community, Glow Up, Blown Away, The Great Pottery Throwdown, Worst Cooks in America, and Alex vs. America.

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    I haven’t started a new show recently. I would like to watch through some of my older favorites. I really like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and would love to rewatch that this fall. It does have more magical elements, so I don’t suppose it’s very spiritual, but I enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• knm875
    replied
    Originally posted by Falena Porter View Post
    I am an animal lover as you all know. In particular, I love dogs.

There is a four part documentary showing on our national broadcaster at the moment called "Muster Dogs."

It shows a group of puppies being allocated to farmers who must train them over a period of a year, teaching them to follow orders as they round up sheep or cattle.

It is so much a feel-good show for anyone who loves animals.

I love watching sheep dogs and cattle dogs. They are so intelligent and lively.

I particularly love watching a dog which has presence with a cow or sheep and can stare it down and make sure it goes where it's supposed to.

I love their sassy courage.

I doubt that Muster Dogs would be available yet on international channels as it's only just showing here, but if you get the chance, make sure you don't miss it.
    Just checked it out! The dogs are so cute! 4 episodes I see. How is the series going? Did you enjoy it?

https://www.abccommercial.com/conten...20muster%20dog.
    Last edited by Brina; 16-03-2022, 02:58. Reason: Posted with Permission

Leave a comment:

• knm875
    replied
    Heya!

I just finished watching Hawkeye, and I was so surprised on how good it is! Dealing with the police during Christmas time is a difficult situation which is what was involved with the series, as well as family potentially not being home for Christmas.

A relationally stressful situation but very tear-jerking in the end. The series is also about grieving. I found some good quotes with that series, so now I am a fan!

Also they departed from the femme fatale look and went for androgynous and tomboy outfits, as well as employing a hearing-impaired and (pardon my language) disabled person as a main character, as well as incorporating a lot of ASL. So it's a very acknowledging/affirming series which breaks prejudices and boundaries.

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    Watching whatever we can get on a single free to air channel, currently interstate Nightly News.

The whole of our little island State is without fibre optic internet today. The cables were somehow cut about lunch time today. The only internet we have is limited 3g and 4g mobile.

Leave a comment:

• humbledbygrace
    replied
    We've just gotten Season 4 of The Rookie airing here, so, painstakingly, I am waiting for each episode, one every week. Nothing like missing the ability to binge watch the whole season in 1-2 viewings.

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I am an animal lover as you all know. In particular, I love dogs.

There is a four part documentary showing on our national broadcaster at the moment called "Muster Dogs."

It shows a group of puppies being allocated to farmers who must train them over a period of a year, teaching them to follow orders as they round up sheep or cattle.

It is so much a feel-good show for anyone who loves animals.

I love watching sheep dogs and cattle dogs. They are so intelligent and lively.

I particularly love watching a dog which has presence with a cow or sheep and can stare it down and make sure it goes where it's supposed to.

I love their sassy courage.

I doubt that Muster Dogs would be available yet on international channels as it's only just showing here, but if you get the chance, make sure you don't miss it.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Thanks Humbled. I'll be sure to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Oh humbled I ,issued your post, I watched that movie it was good!

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X