This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catie View Post
    That sounds like an incredible feast, Tulip! Wowza!

BTW, I've never seen lavender in any of our grocery stores on this side of the pond.
    nah i dont think they sell it here very often either. I cut a few sprigs from the garden & tie it in a bunch & hang it upside down somewhere to dry.
    It sounds a weird thing to include but it tastes really nice.

I got the idea from a spanish seasoning mix my mother brought home from a holiday once

Comment

That's really neat! I noticed this morning my herbes de provence seasoning contains lavender. Haven't used it, but would be inclined probably to try it in beef stew.
      Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
        That's really neat! I noticed this morning my herbes de provence seasoning contains lavender. Haven't used it, but would be inclined probably to try it in beef stew.
        yum. try sprinkling it on nxt time you do roast veggies too, it will be delicious i'm sure

Comment

That is a thought. Thank you, Tulip.

Bit hesitant as I do know that I don't care at all for lavender tea.
          Catie

Comment

eew lavender tea... i dont think i'd like that at all! I dont generally like things that taste 'perfumey'.

As long as the lavender is just around a 1/4 teaspoon of little pieces... & by 'pieces' i mean little grain-of-rice sized bits off the flower head, mixed in with plenty of salt & pepper, & other herbs - like yr provence mix, then you cant really taste the lavender as such, it's more like it just enhances the flavour of everything else.

But yeah you might want to try it on a small portion first, or, lol not bother & stick to what you know you like.. its such a pain when you go to alot of trouble & then dont enjoy it. These days my carer does all the preparation I just season things & put the finishing touches if i can

Comment

That was about the size of it, Tulip. Perfumey. The tea, that is.

Thanks for explaining.

I'm glad you can do some of your own seasoning. No one can make things taste just the way you can, with out own touch. ((((((((Tulip)))))))
              Catie

Comment

Yeah I don't really care much for lavender either. I don't use herbs de provence because of it. I live with someone who's actually allergic to it. But even so, I wouldn't use it. lol.

I tried a new bbq chicken recipe this weekend and it was amazing! It was a technique that seemed all wrong, but it was oh so right. lol
                Email me!
                Scars remind us of where we've been.
                They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Oh wow, allergic!

The bird sounds intriguing! Was the BBQ chicken done on the grill, or is it more of an oven recipe?
                  Catie

Comment

It was done on the grill. But it could be done in the oven, since it's all cooked on the "cool side" of teh grill. It starts by braising (This was the part that intrigued me and made me question it...) it in a foil pan, and then it's transferred to the rack later and glazed. I think I will try it in the oven next time maybe, and when it's time to transfer, just move it to a pan with a baking rack in it. I think it would do the same thing.

When I get a chance I'll type up the recipe and post it.
                    Last edited by Emily; 29-05-2018, 06:39.
                    Email me!
                    Scars remind us of where we've been.
                    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Hmmm, that does sound different--I was curious when you mentioned it sounding wrong. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Don't type it up on my account, but others may want to try!
                      Catie

Comment

Has anyone ever been on the GAPS diet or the AIP protocol diet? If anyone has recipes for those I'd love to hear them.
                        He loved me in my past
                        He's with me in my present
                        He sees me in my future
                        Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

I should add - recipes that taste good. There are things that you can eat on those, but I meant something that I'd actually want to eat haha.
                          He loved me in my past
                          He sees me in my future

Comment

I don't know what's for dinner but I am getting hungry reading all these posts

Comment

Lol
                              He loved me in my past
                              He sees me in my future

Comment

Freedom, sorry I don't know anything about the diets you mentioned....
                                Catie

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X