Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks yummy, how much does that make, just enough for one person?
    Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

No it makes a fair amount...i didn't count the scoops, but there were several. I actually had a bag with 6 bananas sliced, so I did 1 and a half times recipe. And it was enough for probably 4-6 servings...depending on what one considers a serving of course..but I'd go a couple scoops each...
      Email me!
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Just make sure to use food processor though cuz I tried to do it in my blender that wasn't strong enough and it burned up the motor..lol.

Oh, and I think if you wanted just one serving, you totally could do like the equivalent of one frozen banana, and a tablespoon or so (heaping) of almond butter and a tablespoon or so of cocoa powder...

Another recipe that I saw said you can do just fruit (omitting almond butter and cocoa) with a cup of frozen sliced banana and a cup of other fruit you like, berries, or mango, or pineapple, etc...and blend it for a fruity 'ice cream' which is actually sorbet I guess. But the key is the bananas, since they make it creamy.
        Last edited by Emily; 02-05-2017, 05:12.
        Email me!

Comment

ah ok, cool.

did you mix it up in your ninja?
          Email me!

Comment

yeah but it burned up my ninja..lol. Which was ok I guess, it had started skipping and I was gonna need to buy another one anyway. But I'll replace my ninja, and buy a food processor....been thinking bout that anyway..lol. But this didn't leave me a choice lol
            Email me!

Comment

so i should use my actual food processor and not my do-dad thingy i use for smoothies?
              Email me!

Comment

Yeah definitely use the processor. THe mixture's just too thick for the blender unless you have something like a Vitamix, which "might" work...but I think it's just too dense for a blender.
                Email me!

Comment

hmmm...believe it or not, as someone who doesn't cook much, I actually DO have a food processor AND a Ninja...

but not a do-dad thingy. :eyebrow: LOL

This recipe does sound good. Now I just want someone to make it FOR me... lol
                  ♥ ♥ ♥
                  The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                  Zeph 3:16

Comment

The do-dad thingy is essential kitchen equipment.

hahaha
                    Email me!

Comment

roflmao! Star! However do you survive without a do-dad thingy?! lol

it's funny. I had a food processor at one time. But when it kicked the bucket, I decided I wouldn't replace it. I do pretty much everything with my blender, or my kitchen aid mixer. And a lot of times, I just go the old fashioned route and use a knife. But I do love kitchen gadgets and equipment....lol. I just wish I had a bigger kitchen to hold all the stuff I'd love to have.. lol

Email me!

Comment

does anybody have a recipe for peanut butter pie? my son in law has requested one for his birthday, and i've never made one.

Comment

I don't have one Cookie. But you might check allrecipes.com They have thousands of recipes, and you can usually get a pretty good idea from reviews if they're any good or not. I'll look around at other sources I use, just with the warning that any recipe I give won't be one I've tried.

I used to have one that was more like a meringue pie, that had a peanut butter layer in bottom, and then a custard layer, and then a meringue on top...but not sure if I still have the recipe...
                          Email me!

Comment

Cookie, do you have any idea what he has in mind when he says peanut butter pie? There seems to be so many varieties...without it being narrowed down to what he has in mind when he thinks peanut butter pie at all,it's hard to search for the best...
                            Email me!

Comment

thanks emily. d told me today that he likes one from southern living..so i should be able to find one.

Comment

Oh that's good...gives you a place to go looking.
                                Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X