Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Last time I made it, there was a bit of sauce left after we finished the leftovers. I stirfried some veggies and rice and added the extra sauce and got another meal out of it, so that worked ok too, and I imagine it would also be a good option for marinating more chicken in for a different meal.
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

A whole other meal!

And marinading/soaking/flavoring...that should work!

I love the whole aroma after cooking curries. Lingers.
      Catie

Comment

yep. And like I said, the leftovers freeze great. So a quick meal at the ready for a busy day.
        Email me!

Comment

I grabbed a ziploc of beef curry out of my freezer just last night. It was loaded with flavor. I can take or leave rice--I ate it like a mini stew. I love tossing raisins into curried dishes while they simmer. Big goldens or regular ones. And I love the way curry seasoning soaks into potatoes. I rarely meet a curry that I don't adore. Have I said that already? Sleepy babbling.

You've got me wanting to try out some new tactics. I've never tried to make the Thai kinds of curry yet. A different subset. :lilsmile:
          Catie

Comment

There are so many different curries, I think you could have it every day and have something totally different. I do like rice, but have gotten into the habit of using half rice, and half riced veggies, or sometimes even just riced veggies. I don't cook much with raisins, but I have had curry with them a few times and enjoyed it.
            Email me!

Comment

Truly a variety. Even different colors, and I don't know the distinctions between red, green, etc.

You've got me there. I've never riced a veggie. And when I just googled the concept, I learned Green Giant is marketing frozen riced broc and cauliflower. I had no idea.

If I stumble into and try out an outstanding new curry recipe, I'll be sure to report back!
              Catie

Comment

awesome.

yeah, actually I have been keeping the green giant ones in teh freezer. You can do them in the food processor pretty easily, but hey, they have it already done. lol. I've done teh cauliflower, the cauliflower and broccoli, and the medley. They're all pretty good.
                Email me!

Comment

I'll have to check those out. It's a little hard for me to imagine the consistency combined with those flavors. Thanks, Emily.
                  Catie

Comment

np. I think the thing about the riced cauliflower especially, and the one with broccoli to some extent, is that when its mixed with rice, and then served under somethign strongly flavored like curry...it makes the veg almost unnoticeable. I enjoy vegetables. But when I'm cooking for someone else who doesn't enjoy them so much, it's a great way to sneak some in.
                    Email me!

Comment

Trying it first mixed with rice sounds like a good idea.
                      Catie

Comment

The recipes sound really nice! I have just begun having cauliflower rice regularly because its such an easy low carb meal and can be mixed with other ingredients. I don't do very much cooking currently, so things like riced vegetables that can be quickly prepared in one pan are great.

Comment

It is really nice, and so simple Wintersnow. It's nice to find things that work so well with one pot dishes.
                          Email me!

Comment

Ok, here's one that I found, but couldn't quite believe it would work until I tried it.

It's Instant Chocolate Almond Ice Cream. Ok, not really ice cream, but it's a great sweet treat that is like ice cream, frozen, smooth, creamy, and yummy...

4 bananas (super ripe, peel them, break them into pieces and freeze them)
                            1/3 cup almond butter
                            1/4 cup cocoa powder

That's it. No more ingredients. You can choose to garnish with sliced almonds if you want.

This first step is important. Don't just throw everything in from the start. .Take the frozen bananas, and put them in the food processor (Don't use a blender for this. It burned mine up...it's just too thick and dense). Pulse just until the bananas look crumbly. Add the almond butter and cocoa powder, and process for about a minute or so..until smooth and creamy (careful not to overdo it, so heat from blades don't melt it). Scoop and serve. If you aren't going to have it immediately, scoop it into scoops on parchment or waxed paper on a baking sheet. Freeze until firm, and then you can put it in a container to save, or just take it out when ready to serve.

This is actually very nice. The key is nice, ripe bananas so they are sweet.

--recipe from superhealthykids.com
                            Last edited by Emily; 02-05-2017, 05:20.
                            Email me!

Comment

Ive had those very yummy
                              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

it really does feel like a treat with sugar, so it's nice having healthier options when trying to be good...I still have sweets occasionally but I almost always have bananas in the freezer, and I always have almond butter and cocoa on hand. and other fruit in freezer. So this kind of thing is a great, easy treat to whip up in a snap to take care of a craving.
                                Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X