Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welllll, I burned them. But I ate nearly all of them anyway. They were still pretty good, in spite of my blackening them on the bottom. I'll watch them closer next time. Hopefully soon.
    Catie

Comment

I love roasting veggies!! Yum! My meals this week are roasted squash and sweet potato with turkey sausage. They do say to flip half way through but i never do.... a little burntness never bothered me!
      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Sounds great, Overcome! And so good for you.

Messed up my sheet pans with that burnage, but most of it's come off.
        Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
          So, I've never done this before. But I'm roasting vegetables tonight. Just simple. Oil and seasonings. One pan with sliced zucchini and yellow squash, another pan with quartered tomatoes. In my mind, they would be better on shish kabob sticks with some chunky onions and mushrooms included. But they all needed to be used asap, so I'm just going with this for now. Closest I've come, is backed tomato halves, but that's years ago! Hope they'll be tasty...
          One of my favourites is all the veg you said, all in one pan, plus red onions (cut a little smaller than the zuccini so they caramelise a bit, plus a few black olives. salt n pepper plus a few leaves of rosemary & a stripped head of dried lavender sprinkled over the top. then at the end when they are very well cooked, some feta cheese crumbled over the top. With some crusty bread. Yum!
          Last edited by Tulip; 24-05-2018, 18:25.

Comment

That sounds like an incredible feast, Tulip! Wowza!

BTW, I've never seen lavender in any of our grocery stores on this side of the pond.
            Catie

Comment

Ok I'm sufficiently hungry now! Yum!!
              "O taste and see that the Lord is good,
              blessed is the person who runs to Him for protection
              and confides in Him."

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
                Sounds great, Overcome! And so good for you.

Messed up my sheet pans with that burnage, but most of it's come off.

You need a pampered chef pan scraper!

Comment

I have one someplace! Probably under something in my drawer. But I think this is past the point of the pampered chef scraper. I'll try again after I bake some fish on it tonight.

Actually, I messed up two sheets and the nonstick one is in worse shape ATM with a layer of black stickiness...
                  Last edited by Catie; 25-05-2018, 02:25.
                  Catie

Comment

Catie, when I have things that get a bit burned on, I use Dawn Platinum Power clean to soak them. I just drizzle it on, fill with water, and let it soak for half hour or so. It doesn't always get it all, but it sure seems to make it a lot easier to get stuck on stuff off.

I stopped trying to use nonstick baking sheets ages ago because they never seem to work well for me. lol. I finally found some baking sheets that for me are fairly easy to clean (esp with soak if needed), and bake evenly.
                    Email me!
                    Scars remind us of where we've been.
                    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Sounds good. I've never tried that variety of Dawn. Definitely worth checking it out! Thanks!
                      Catie

Comment

sprinkle generously with baking soda, then pour peroxide over it and let it set for an hour or so, then use a soft cloth to work it into a paste and rub around and rinse. works most of the time.

Comment

Ahh. Cookie, I didn't know that trick. I need to write that down. Thank you!
                          Catie

Comment

That's a good trick to know about Cookie! I wonder if the peroxide baking soda mixture reacts with aluminum? I might have to check.. because those are things I always have around!
                            Email me!

Comment

Baking soda and vinegar will do the trick too... safe for aluminum and with the scraper make it miraculous!

Comment

Thanks Overcome. THat's great that it doesn't react with the aluminum... My pans are great and I normally don't have a lot of problems with cleaning, but sometimes you need a little extra something.
                                Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X