No announcement yet.

The Great MELTDOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned to someone I know from zoom that the possible rain today passed us over and the chance is gone. Terrible drought continues and lawns are becoming crispy critters.

She sends me a gif of a woman kneeling down with a big brush painting a yellow lawn emerald green. Too funny!
    Catie

Comment

I have seen news images of floods in Kentucky. Yours is a big country: simultaneously floods and drought.

Comment

we just left ky. north of the flooded area, though. they've had a lot of rain this summer. we actually had some rain last night and this morning. i think it was the first since some time in june. temps are to only be in the 80's next couple of days, but terrible humidity. there's a good chance of rain, though. then back to 90's and triple digits.

Comment

I was a bit concerned for you when i saw the news Cookie, the news of flood deaths have reached the UK. Glad you & your family are not in the affected area, but feeling for those who are. Temps are much more normal here now - highs of about 85 for the time being.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok in the sizzle

haha Catie, yes painting the lawn green i have seen that image or one similar lol. All our lawns are completely yellow/brown now, we are in drought now although not too serious yet i dont think, but they are imposing hosepipe bans. Summer in england is usually characteristically wet, everyone complaining, so the lack of rain is unusual.

Comment

So sorry for those suffering in floods.

Sixth hottest June, second hottest July on record here. 58 days since rain. 36 days of 100 plus this summer. That sounds like more than possible but from the Dallas morning News.
            Catie

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
            Working...
            X