No announcement yet.

The Great MELTDOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's really something, the guy wearing his hoody. It's all in what you're used to!
    Catie

Comment

i know right?

it's 90 in my bedroom tonight, they have closed the schools tomorrow... lol that must seem so funny to some of you, but its forecast 107 tomorrow, hotter than its ever been since records began! But only 75 on wed phew!

Comment

I'm so sorry, Tulip! That's very excessive especially with no way to cool things off! Be very careful. Drink all you can.
        Catie

Comment

thanks Catie yes i am drinking loads, and have my feet wrapped in a thin linen cloth thats been soaked in cold water. its not too bad i dont feel any worse than normal just struggling to sleep because the air is so hot & stuffy.

Its a national past time to moan about the weather, its pretty much all anyone can talk about ha ha

Comment

It's so hot in Europe today that the sea is evaporating.
            nane
            Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Its unreal, we even have wildfires just outside london now... i never heard of that in uk before, i hope they dont spread, we are not geared up for that AT. ALL.

I'm about 150miles north of that area, so safe for now, but i am in the hottest area of the country.

Last edited by Tulip; 19-07-2022, 16:23.

Comment

Whew, Tulip! I hope it cools off in the UK soon-soon!

Star, I had missed seeing that you guys got some rain and your AC is running better. Excellent news!

The state and our area badly needs rain. I saw where a number of Texas ranchers have had to sell off their cattle very early bc there's nothing for them to eat in the pastures and hay prices are excessive.
                Catie

Comment

It’s so hot in Texas, I bought some Mrs Baird’s bread, but by the time I got home, it was Texas Toast.

It’s so hot, I just saw two trees fighting over a dog.

It’s so hot, my crayons are now watercolors.

It’s so hot out, I saw a bee take off its yellow jacket.

​​​​​​​
                  Catie

Comment

fighting over a dog lol, some good ones there Catie

only 79 in my bedroom this evening & a cool breeze coming in, yay!

its forecast only 66 on friday, so we'll have had 66 & 106 within 4 days of each other

Comment

Texas Toast!!! LOL - love it, Catie! Ha
                      For those of you who don’t live in TX, Texas Toast really is a thing. It’s giant toasted bread.

Yeah, the rain several days ago was brief, but provided a big relief to my A/C for a while. You know, the outside unit burns SO hot and when the air is sizzling there is no way for the machine to cool down. I’m surprised it hasn’t burned out. I’ve already had to have my capacitor replaced and melted wires fixed to the tune of $575. Oi vey! But with an elderly lady in the house, I have to have it as cool as possible. (Which isn’t very cool these days.)

Oh, (((((Tulip))))!!! I keep thinking about you. I just know it must be sooo difficult for all of you guys in England. Unfathomable to have heat related wildfires around London!!!! Everyone needs to stay low and slow.

So in my neck of the woods, it is supposed to hit 101 at 4pm. Humidity is 51% making it feel like 109. I watered my plants and yard last night at 9pm. Still was sweating.

How about your neck of the woods (everyone) - and how different is today than usual for you? (I’m thinking Tulip may take the prize on how different things are.) Down in Houston the temps are often this stifling, but not for this long with no break…and usually this stuff hits like this in August.
                      ♥ ♥ ♥
                      The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                      Zeph 3:16

Comment

Oh, just saw your post Nane. LOL - well, if this keeps up I’m thinking the European coastline may turn out like the Dead Sea.
                        ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I live in north east…. End of July beginning of august is our hottest time, with temps in upper 90s and humidity pushing it to meet teen hundreds on occasion. But usually we get 1-2 days of that then major storm will break it, then again 1-2 days. Today is day 5 of 10 no storms In sight predicted to break it. So that’s different, although the temps themselves are hottest so far this year, not really abnormal…. But the length of the duration is abnormal.

im feeling for you guys down there in TX, and in U.k and around world.
                          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Overcome - I hope you got some rain to cool things down a bit. I always watch NYC since I have a friend there and I see they are still a bit hot but at least have some rain happening this week.

Tulip, are you sufficiently cooled? Must be a huge relief to be back down to normal (I’m assuming normal??) Hope your body is recovering from the heat. Sometimes it takes a lot of rest for my body to recover when I’ve had heat exhaustion.

Catie, ohhh dear one - your area is still triple digit! I’m so sorry. The heat is oppressive, isn’t it? I hope your A/C is keeping up.

My house is still rising to 78 in the late afternoons even though I have it set for 70. Outside is so hot - but we are forecast to be just under 100 all week. We MIGHT get rain on Wednesday bringing the forecast to 96. Here’s hoping that pans out.

I feel like the crazy lady on the Hunger Games - “May the winds be ever in your favor!”
                            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Supposed to get a storm tomorrow, it will be 12 days since last rain. So I really hope so! It’s steadily dropping In percentage probability, but still high enough to give me hope. I mowed today and if it doesn’t storm tomorrow my lawn is screwed. Lol
                              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Oi, still super hot, Star!

Hope you get some rain, Overcome.

We need some as well. We're in 'severe drought' conditions now. Rain forecast regularly, but either dries up before it gets here, or goes north or south of us. Another chance tomorrow. Will have to water our trees if we don't get any.
                                Email me!
                                Scars remind us of where we've been.
                                They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X