The Great MELTDOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great MELTDOWN

Well, Sunny Spot is the only appropriate place to start this thread.

It can NOT be in Cloudy or Stormy Days. I wish it could be put in Rainy Days, but that forum has disappeared like the clouds in my sky.

Ladies (and Gents if there are any around), I would just like you to know that it is 7:41 pm where I live right now and the temperature is STILL above 100 degrees F outside.

Yes, 101 to be precise. The high was 106.
    That means it is 80 inside my house!!

I know it is super hot in other places right now as well, so this thread is for any heat-related humor or fun fact.

I will start.

“You know it’s HOT when…”

… the birds use pot holders to eat their worms.

… the sink faucet options are “hot” and “not-so-hot.”

… your fingernails are sweating.

Annddddd GO!
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Sorry your indoor temps can't come down any lower, Star! The heat sure started early this year.

Now would be a good time to be able to post memes. But I will borrow from the internet.

Hotter than a billy goat with a blowtorch

So hot the fire ants caught fire

Hotter than a jalapeno''s armpit

Catie

Comment

You know it's hot when you put on a cardigan or sweater as soon as the temperature falls below 85.
      nane
      Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

hot here, too, but not quite that hot.
        you know it's hot when you have to wear gloves to drive, because the steering wheel is too hot. you know it's hot when you get excited that it's "only" going to get to 98 today. you know it's hot when it rains just a bit and a nightcrawler can't get more than a few inches over the patio til it fries. you know it's hot when your hosta's are wilting, even though you water them. these aren't funny, lol, just true.

Comment

…when you could literally fry an egg on the pavement.

Comment

Oi vey! Weather Channel app says the temp is 95F right now with the humidity level making it “feel like” 105. It’s 8:00 pm in the evening. The sun is going down but the heat remains like that one bite of jalapeño in your taco of which someone missed cleaning out the seeds.

FYI - water doesn’t help your tongue when you get that particular jalapeño bite.

Catie, I laughed out loud at the jalapeño armpit! (Hadn’t heard that one before.)

Nane, you’ve got that right about 85! I was watering my yard early this morning and with all the sweating I did when I came in to my 78 degree house I actually got chilly for a sec. Don’t worry - it didn’t last but a hot minute.

Cookie, YES! The steering wheel gets sooo hot, doesn’t it?! I also immediately blast my car’s A/C and it just blows hot volcano wind in my hair until I get to the end of the street. And I’m totally longing for a high of only 98!!! LOL - supposed to hit that by the end of this week. We’ll see.

Falena, yup! Seems like every so often they do that bit on the local news where they do fry an egg on the sidewalk. I’m thinking we could throw some pancakes and sausages on it too…just for good measure.

And my contributions for today from the internet:

It’s so hot I saw two trees fighting over a dog.

It’s so hot Optimus Prime transformed into an air conditioner.

“What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.” - Jane Austen
            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

lol. I saw one once that said, "It's so hot, the cows are giving evaporated milk."
              Email me!
              Scars remind us of where we've been.
              They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

It's 105 here during the day plus humidity that puts us close to 120. But I'll admit we have excellent AC here.
                It's so hot that the wind is like a natural hairdryer.
                nane
                Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

I saw that you guys were getting hit pretty hard. Glad you have good AC at least.
                  Email me!
                  Scars remind us of where we've been.
                  They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

"Continual state of inelegance"! LOL

Saw a meme with photo of hot dogs skewered on car antenna.

The National Weather Service has issued a recipe for cooking lasagna in your mailbox.

Catie

Comment

Its also getting very hot here in UK which we are not at all used to. I realise its nothing to what many of you endure - it was 85 in my bedroom at 1 am the other night, no breeze at all & no AC. We have fans but i cant tolerate them because of the sound.

Its forecast 41 (106) sun-tuesday here & they have declared a national emergency. LOL that must seem very silly to some of you, but its a very big deal here because the infastructure isnt built to endure hotter than 90. The trains wont run much over 100degrees because the tracks warp.
                      I personally have never seen temps above 90 in UK, in all my 52yrs. So they expecting a lot of heat stroke & predicting many thousands of deaths among elderly/infirm.

Not looking forward to it myself i must say, but will stay still & keep well hydrated, wet flannels on my head/neck.

We do have a lot of idiots though, who, at the first sign of the sun (it being rare in uk) flock to the beaches and sit out drinking beer all day without sunscreen on & end up in hospital!
                      If you google "england knotted handkerchief hat, bare chest" you will see some amusing photos of english blokes doing just that.

Loving the funny jokes - cows giving evap milk etc will use that ha ha
                      Last edited by Tulip; 16-07-2022, 11:27.

Comment

I've escaped the heat towards the sea shore. Sunny, windy, slightly cloudy... Wishing everyone a breezy feeling.
                        nane

Comment

We finally got rain!!! What an amazing relief. The A/C is able to keep up much better now. I hate this kind of heat (not sure if I mentioned that?!) LOL

Yes, Tulip! I saw the temps for London and I know this is a HUGE deal there. You guys simply are not equipped for the weather. Little window A/C units will never do the job for triple digit heat. Down where I live heat and humidity are a constant for 9 months of the year, but not the sustained 106 degrees for such a long period. But we DO have central air conditioning AND our bodies are adjusted to the warmth of the area.

Last time I visited family in England, my mother said to just bring a light jacket in case we needed it. England is where my family is from and I moved from there when I was 4. I had not been back until the trip at 17. It was June and I FROZE!!! Had to get my aunt to start a fire every day. She was dumbfounded to be having a fire during summer. LOL

Our whole family froze because our bodies simply were adjusted to the heat.
                          ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Definitely serious stuff in the UK! Didn't realize you guys had those temps coming, Tulip. I hope they will provide some cooling spaces and that the extreme heat will pass quickly.
                            Catie

Comment

Didnt realise you were originally from here Star, June is often quite cool, i mean this yr we had it around 80 & then the following wk it went down to 59. Most years our summer temps range between 65 & 80. I'm not surprised you were cold.

A family from church who are originally from Ghana had a relative come to live here, he wore his black fleece hoody all through the summer while we were fanning ourselves in out shorts & sleeveless Ts

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X