Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun discussion:What's your favorite snack?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also love chocolate, and i love to salt it.

Comment

Hahaha!!! Brina! Well, the Dove bourbon vanilla chocolate bar is so good it’s almost worth a migraine (not really)...but I could send it along with a Sumatriptan shot! LOL

Or I could send you my favorite dish at Outback Steakhouse - the salmon with bourbon bacon glaze. But who am I kidding...I’m sure you have Outback Steakhouses in Australia. I mean, they have pictures of kangaroos so it must be authentic.
      ♥ ♥ ♥
      The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
      Zeph 3:16

Comment

Ha - Cookie, chocolate caramels with sea salt wreck my diet every Christmas, because Costco decides to sell giant tubs of them for $10. It’s a no-brainer.

Brina, why on earth would you wreck bourbon with Pepsi? Now Coke...coke would be a different matter.

♥ ♥ ♥
        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
        Zeph 3:16

Comment

Roflmao Star....You're right! I never thought about the picture of the kangaroo being proof that the Outback Steakhouse was authentic! lmao...If not for the salmon, the salmon with bourbon bacon glaze sounds great! lol

And agree on the Coke! (without the bourbon--not my thing...lol)

I like sea salt on chocolate too, Cookie. And oh yes, I love a good sea salt caramel!
          Email me!
          Scars remind us of where we've been.
          They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

HAHAHA!!

australian coke is horrible, pepsi is much better, it tastes like american coke... HAHAHAHAHAHA

ill never forget the first time i went to outback steakhouse with emily... so many exotic dishes from australia, id never experienced... HA
            Last edited by Brina; 04-09-2020, 06:57.
            Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

giggles. Kinda like going to the grocery store and seeing Australian licorice and Australian yogurt! lol
              Email me!

Comment

yes!!!
                Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

Originally posted by Starship View Post
                  Then some Dove dark chocolate - vanilla bourbon. Yes, they make it! Soooo good. (Tempted to mail a bar to Falena...just cuz I’m not sure if they sell it in Aussie land.)
                  Star I know Dove chocolate is sold here but I've not heard of vanilla bourbon. I've had a look and as far as I can tell, it's only available online here.

I think perhaps it is possible my Aussie palate may not appreciate this flavour in the same way that you have to be weaned onto Vegemite on toast in order to develop a liking for it. (Only two of my kids will eat Vegemite - the two who were brought up on it.)

My favourites are Cadbury's, Lindt and Whittaker's. Smooth milk chocolate.

The last of these is a New Zealand brand but it is quite expensive.

Factoid for the day: I listened to a podcast recently and learned that Cadbury's used to be owned by Quakers and they were apparently the most amazingly supportive employers who provided childcare and other benefits way ahead of their time. They owned entire suburbs and were a community in their own right but this was several decades ago.

Comment

Now I'm hungry, glad dinner is on the way.

I like guac, we have an avacado tree so I'm spoiled I won't eat it when I have to buy avocados. I also like cheese , mountain dew and I've been eating a lot of chips lately.
                    Moonflower

Comment

That's cool about Cadbury's Falena.

Oh how much I'd love to have an avocado tree, Moonflower. You are very lucky indeed. I love avocado.
                      Email me!

Comment

lol, Emily you are one of many people who would love a / my avocado tree.

I like starting them from seed and give them away often but they need a warm climate.
                        Moonflower

Comment

Yeah. Not something that would work in Minnesota. lol...
                          Email me!

Comment

Not so much, we had several that got pretty big and then we got a freeze before they were big enough to tolerate it and they died back. I'm at the very south end of the occasionally we get a freeze, I'm hoping this tree is big enough if we get a hard winter it will survive, I am spoiled now I have a guacamole tree in my yard (and yes, that's what I call it)
                            Moonflower

Comment

hehe....guacamole tree sounds like the perfect name for it. I have read that they're very sensitive to a freeze. I hope your current one is big enough to be resistant.
                              Email me!

Comment

I think so, I hope so, guess I'll find out some day
                                Moonflower

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X