Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another link for more prep and freeze meals for slow cooker. The creator of these recipes recommends completely thawing before putting in slow cooker, which would take a little planning (moving from freezer to fridge a day or two before cooking). But they seem simple and some look pretty good. I haven't tried any of these recipes. But the prep and freeze option can be convenient.

I'll just add here that this website has a lot of other quick meals, or prep ahead meals. It also has meals to prep and cook, and then freeze in servings, and also freezer to oven casserole options. So Cookie, this might be something that your son would find useful....just looking around on the site, there seem to be a lot of options.

https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/heal...ooker-recipes/
    Last edited by Emily; 16-09-2019, 05:25.
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

My goodness, what a good-looking group those are. Neat!
      Catie

Comment

thanks, emily. i might give some of these a try myself.

Comment

They do look pretty good Catie.

hehe good idea Cookie. I figure you can never have enough recipes for simple freezer meals, or make ahead stuff. So I was glad to find them as well.
          Email me!

Comment

anyone have a recipe for a really extra good lemon cake, or lemon frosting? my future dil wants it for her bday dinner next week.

Comment

Cookie, I have a recipe that I got from Taste of Home for Lemon Ricotta Cake that I've made a couple of times that's really good. It includes making lemon curd, but you could also buy lemon curd in a jar if you wanted, and I think it'd be fine. I omitted the sugared lemon zest decoration, mainly because I couldn't be bothered. So it works with or without.

I think, because this is an older recipe, it'll let you see it, even without a subscription, so I'm just going to put the link here (approved by me! lol). If for some reason, it won't let you view it, let me know and I'll copy it into a post.

This four-layer lemon ricotta cake gets a bright burst of citrus from lemon zest and lemon juice.
              Last edited by Emily; 21-09-2019, 06:11.
              Email me!

Comment

thanks! i can see it. what kind of store sells lemon curd? i am thinking maybe kroger.

Comment

I'm thinking so, too, Cookie. Of the regular groceries in our area, Kroger would be the most likely suspect here...
                  Catie

Comment

I expect Kroger would Cookie. I think most groceries carry it these days. If you don't want to waste a trip, you can just call before hand. In my local store, it's in the aisle near the jams and jellies.
                    Email me!

Comment

I dont know of kroger but probably acme if you have one of those. Its our higher end store.
                      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I spent the afternoon baking. I made an Apple Spice Cake with Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting.

The one I baked today is a gift. But when I was testing the recipe, we tried it, and it's quite good!
                        Last edited by Emily; 18-12-2019, 05:03.
                        Email me!

Comment

Oh, yum!! That sounds luscious. : 0)
                          Catie

Comment

It's really good. Was trying to post a photo, but it's not working. lol
                            Last edited by Emily; 18-12-2019, 05:24.
                            Email me!

Comment

Sounds delicious!

I have an Instapot on my wish list and am hoping someone in my circle of people will buy one for me as a gift. LOL. Then I’ll have to try a bunch of new recipes.
                              ♥ ♥ ♥
                              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                              Zeph 3:16

Comment

I love apple spice cake...and cream cheese. i bet it's to die for. i have not asked for an instant pot, but it would be nice. i can't make up my mind if i would rather have one or an air fryer. i have a hard time frying anything because of the mess it makes all over my stove top. let us know, if you get the instant pot, how it works out. my brother has one, and he loves it.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X