“Picture it…”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Picture it…”

So I’ve been thinking - it’s always fun to share light-hearted stuff and to connect at the same time.

Describe the last photo you took in your phone.

My last photo is a screenshot of my score in a solitaire-type game that I took to send to my sister for the purpose of bragging and egging her on so she’ll try to beat me.

LOL - we have the same card game app and are constantly in a battle to out-do each other.

So what’s your last pic and why did you take it?
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

My last photo on my phone is of a jack o lantern my students and I carved together to send to families as well as photos of them carving it. It was fun! 99% of the photos I have are work related. Lol
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Good one. Last photo I took was of my kitchen faucet so I could upload it to a site to find the model number. lmao...not nearly as fun as games and pumpkins.
      Email me!
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Last photo of a birds nest in my yard in a very unusual spot, and I hope she can raise her babies ok there. They are very well protected, I just hope once they are ready to fledge they will be ok.
        Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

Overcome, that is so great! Pumpkin carving at school must’ve been a blast and a great and safe memory for your students! They are our babies, right? LOL. I think back over the years and I have tons of class photos of projects and community trips I took them on. It’s a fulfilling life to teach the population of students that you teach. Did you toast the pumpkin seeds too?

Emily, “ahhh, the bold look of kholer!” Did you shine up the faucet before capturing its “model” essence as a good photographer would? LOL

Brina, always the naturalist! You should shoot for National Geographic “Backyard and Beyond.” LOL We know you’ve got the talent and a good eye. I’m sure mama birdie picked a good place, but it’s sweet that you have your watchful eye over her.

♥ ♥ ♥
          The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
          Zeph 3:16

Comment

My godson letting an paper airplane fly in the fields.
            nane
            Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Sure did star! Came out great. No one ate them but that’s alright. I’m very used to cooking and they refusing it. Lol
              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Reaction to fire ant bite on foot. I haven't been allergic to them but it was more than normal so I've been keeping an eye on it.
                Catie

Comment

ouch! catie...that hurts so bad. i sure hope it's ok. i've enjoyed reading all these. my last picture was of the farm my cousin lives on in KY. the leaves/colors were so pretty, and the farmhouse was still nested into the hills with the old dairy barn tucked in behind it.

Comment

Thank you, Cookie!

Your photo sounds extremely picturesque and would be a sight for sore eyes esp. this time of year.
                    Catie

Comment

Mine was of some laundry instructions to ask my SIL to translate (they're in german)

Its for an embroidery kit i am starting (freehand long stictch - so simple stitches by eye not cross stitch or anything that requires concentration). Its simple flowers on fabric that you just fill in a bit like a printed colouring book but you sew it instead of colouring with pens.

Comment

Cookie I love the picture your post brings to my mind. It is very beautiful!

This is a bit off topic, but lately I’ve been watching a show called Million Dollar Dream Home from the States. I’ve never been to America but I like to watch it because it shows me so many different parts of your beautiful country. Last night I “went” to Florida, the time before to Maine. Another time to a town in the Midwest which looked very pretty but was so small I can’t remember its name.

Predictably, the last photo in my roll is of my dog but the one before that is a photo of a sign:

”I do not run from my problems. I sit in my craft room, sew and ignore them like a normal adult.”
                        Last edited by Falena Porter; 02-11-2023, 21:51.

Comment

Falena, your little quote reminds me of someone I know. She copes with trauma symptoms by rearranging the copious amounts of yarn in her craft room and reorganizing her shelves and furniture in there.
                          Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
                            Falena, your little quote reminds me of someone I know. She copes with trauma symptoms by rearranging the copious amounts of yarn in her craft room and reorganizing her shelves and furniture in there.

Haha I can sure relate. Sometimes I go into my sewing room just to look at my collection of patterns or to touch some fabric.

I did read somewhere once that there is research showing that for some people, having a collection is very soothing in the way your friend describes.

Sometimes I simply take a cup of tea and sit on my sewing chair.

Comment

She gets very physical in her craft room with all the furniture moving, often emerging rather worn. An unusual form of exercise, I think.

To have tea in your sewing chair sounds soothing to me, and I don't even sew! I'm thankful you have a bit of a hideaway there.
                              Catie

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X