Aerogarden update for Overcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerogarden update for Overcome

Overcome asked how my garden was, so figured I'd update here.

It's going well actually. Though right now I've only got one side of my farm going, growing lettuce. I've been growing petunias in the harvest through the winter. I'll probably keep that one for petunias now. I've got some mighty mini cherry tomatoes growing in a sprout on the kitchen counter.

AG doesn't seem to have the mega cherry tomato pods anymore, which were my faves from them. So will try some seeds of a few determinate varieties to see what I like...also considering (still) trying the fairy tale eggplant in the other side of the farm with tomatoes. But haven't ordered those pods yet.

How are your gardens? Are you still enjoying them? Do you love the Bounty? I think if I get any more gardens, I'd probably go for the bounty. But honestly, I think I've maxed out on space unless I get creative. lol.​
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Thanks Emily! I do like the bounty, was very successful with jalapeños etc. I have the microgreen Kit for it, but lost the instructions and I struggled with it after I forgot the instructions. Lol I’m sure I can look it up online but right now I’m focused on my outdoor garden so the bounty is empty but my harvest has lettuce. I’m struggling to decide what I want out vs in right now. I expanded my outdoor garden by 2x, so I just planted some seeds and I’m hoping they germinate.
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

That's cool that you like the bounty. I can see being focused on outdoor garden. I have too many critters in my yard to garden outdoors really, beyond a few herbs. We also have a short growing season here, and most things aren't safe to plant before mid or late May--some folks use Memorial Day as the safe line. It was 88 here yesterday, but might snow this weekend. lol. Though if I were going to grow outside, I could start them in the gardens inside and move them once it was warm enough. It would just be kind of futile because of the animals.

It's cool that you've been able to expand your garden space though. And it's awesome that you have the microgreen kit for your bounty. I've looked at growing microgreens but haven't tried growing them.
      Email me!

Comment

I’m very worried about the critters. I struggle with birds mostly. I bought some netting but don’t have it up yet. It was a lot just to get out there…. But I’m hoping it will not be for naught out there!
        micro greens are very easy to grow and you definitely don’t need the kit! Looking back I wouldn’t have purchased it. You can easy grow micro greens in those plastic take away boxes and it’s cheaper and easier! But since I have it, I use it. Although with the struggles I might revert back but idk. I also struggle to use all the micro greens it’s a small window where they are viable before they turn sproutish and get large.
        "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Right. I've seen some pretty simple instructions for microgreens. If I decide to grow them, that's what I'll do.

I hope that you won't have too much trouble with critters and your garden will thrive.
          Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
          Working...
          X