Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection

Good morning dear ones

I have been away learning to deal with my new normal while being a caretaker for 2 people (my mother and sis). Sister has had 3 surgeries and Mum had another spine surgery. My own headaches have made functioning very difficult and reading has been hard which is a big reason it has been difficult for me to maintain my presence here. But I want everyone to know that I’m NOT gone. LOL

So I am just wanting to check in with a friendly “HELLOOooooo” from the hottest part of what feels like the hottest state in the USA. So very grateful for the cooler weather this weekend and hoping it lasts for a long time.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to post on everyone’s threads. Each day is one step at a time.

Just needed to tell everyone that I still exist. LOL! And I still care…
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Been thinking about you Star, sorry things are still so impossibly tough. Sending you a lot of love & some big gentle hugs ((((Star)))))

Comment

Great to hear from you. I hope the weather soon cools and your headaches ease and that someone can help out with your carer’s duties. Or, even better, that your mother and sister recover such that they no longer need care. And while I’m expansively hopeful, best of all may your headaches miraculously disappear.

Your life is so different from what it used to be. I miss you here and do hope that things can settle on all fronts.
      Last edited by Falena Porter; 10-10-2023, 22:04.

Comment

oh my, star...that is so much on your plate, and i hate that the headaches are still there. i can't imagine taking care of myself with such, let alone 2 others. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) praying much.

Comment

What a world of overwhelm, Star! It's hard to fathom all the extraordinarily difficult things that have happened in your life and family. At a time when you could have used real help and much more ease yourself, having heaps more responsibility land in your lap, with your mother and sister's medical crises... It's just so much and It's mind bending. and I marvel that you've gotten it done. My heart goes out to you over the relentless headaches. (((((((((((((Star)))))))))))
          Catie

Comment

Good to hear from you star. I can’t even imagine the overwhelm! Glad you’re still here
            "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

((((Star))))))) That's a lot you have going on! I hope you're able to find at least soem time to take care of you.
              Email me!
              Scars remind us of where we've been.
              They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

((((Star)))))
                Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

thinking of you Star, hoping things might be getting a little easier (((((Star))))))

Comment

Hey everyone (was looking through the emojis and realized I have never used this one. Looks like a smiling granny which is what I feel like today. LOL)

I’m hanging in there. So much is going on in this world — sometimes it feels impossible to take a deep breath. But then I start thinking of all the things for which I am grateful.

Truly, I have so much that fills me with gratitude.

I have rediscovered the singer Rebecca St. James. She has a song that helps me express my heart. It’s called “My Hope.” I love it when someone sings words that project my own voice.

Hoping that everyone is having a meaningful day - whenever you may be reading this.
                    ♥ ♥ ♥
                    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                    Zeph 3:16

Comment

(((((Star))))))
                      Email me!
                      Scars remind us of where we've been.
                      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Comment

Awww thanks and all the best! Praying for you and thank you for caring! It's so sweet and I am glad we are community!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                          Working...
                          X