No announcement yet.

About COVID-19--Be safe--Warnings and safety suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sure feels harder right about now than it did in the summer. I guess because many are ignoring for the holidays
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I think that's a lot of it, Overcome, for sure.
      Email me!
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Definitely feeling it today, it’s my birthday and I had a Walmart order supposed to be delivered this morning. It’s about two hours past the delivery window and they can’t figure out what happened to it. I had ordered myself a slice of cheesecake and I just want it! It feels so silly but I’m stuck here not being able to go out and get it myself.... I just was really hoping all would be well. Plus I kinda do need the other groceries I ordered.... but my mind is hung up on I wanted my birthday treat. Rather selfish, yeah?

but of course, big picture, that is a small thing in the large scale of what is going on in the world. And I feel for people who aren’t able to not go to the store due to availability in our area, and the essential workers having to work at the store and the driver who would have brought me my order. My thoughts and prayers go out for everyone’s safety.

Comment

Ohhhh! That is soooo disappointing, Overcome! So sorry! Hope they figure it out very soon and get your groceries and treat to you.

And

Happy Birthday!!!!
          Catie

Comment

Oh that's really frustration, Overcome. :( I hope your order will be delivered soon, and you can get your cheesecake!

Btw, maybe technically it is considered a "small thing." But really I don't think it's a small thing. It's hard isolating at all. Days like Birthdays and holidays are meant to be celebrated with people you love. And not having that is extra hard. And then, you try to do something to treat yourself and something like this happens. I know that it can really feel like the last straw. So I'm really sorry that happened.

Hoping that you end up getting your delivery, and you enjoy your cheesecake. And I hope that you spend the rest of your day knowing that you're cared about and celebrated.
            Email me!

Comment

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) i hope they get things straightened out and you get your order sometime today. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Sorry, I’ve only just found this post. I sure hope the cheesecake arrived. When in lockdown, it is extra important to have small celebrations.

Comment

They did end up remaking the order...when it arrived the lettuce was expired but the cheesecake was ok! So my salad no go..but at least I got the cheesecake
                  thanks all!

Comment

Yay cheesecake! So sorry about the lettuce though. That's so frustrating!
                    Email me!

Comment

Oh for goodness sake about the salad.... after all that.

Hope your cheesecake was the best!
                      Catie

Comment

well, i'm glad you got the cheesecake. lettuce is great, but cheesecake is so much more important!

Comment

Cookie, you made me laugh out loud with your comment. Love that!!
                          Catie

Comment

lol, have to say I agree with cookie on that one
                            Moonflower

Comment

And in the end, “Lettuce” have cheesecake!

Ha!

Happy Birthday, Overcome!

I bet Emily can send you some lettuce. I hear she has an over abundance!
                              ♥ ♥ ♥
                              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                              Zeph 3:16

Comment

Lmao! I do have a pretty good crop going. lol.
                                Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X