Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love golden girls but have never seen fraiser, can you stream it anywhere? Recently been watching weird food history! Interesting stuff
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

It's been years since I watched an episode of The Golden Girls but I used to love it.

Now I'm about their age, I wonder if I may laugh for different reasons.

Comment

I started watching Tales from the Crypt recently. Very fun! Definitely not for kiddos, though!

Comment

This is about a podcast rather than television.

I love to listen to podcasts on the BBC app.

I am working my way through a series called “Lives Less Ordinary.”

I always believe everyone here has defied the odds by becoming a survivor.

This series is about other people who have had unorthodox and often underprivileged lives but at some point also make a decision to do things differently.

It is not about glitzy success but people who have defied the odds and done something extraordinary.

I find it very uplifting because these people are not picture perfect but they are strong.

Comment

Do any of you watch The Chosen?

Comment

In part I lost my closest friend in 2021 because I don't like The Chosen. Because she had pressed me I did watch six episodes, not liking it any better as it went on.
              Catie

Comment

Gosh how awful ((((Catie)))) I remember your distress over that i wouldnt have posted this had i known.

I also realise i probably should have posted this in the mercy place rather than the lounge. I was thinking of it as TV but of course it being a spiritual/religious programme i think i made an error & further discussion shouldnt be here.

I'm thinking about opening a thread in mercy place then, because while i am enjoying the show, the fact that you dont like it gives me pause, because i respect your judgement. Your dislike suggests to me that there may be something unhealthy or concerning about it that i haven't picked up on... & if thats the case I'd very much like to know...

But I dont want to do something that would be upsetting or difficult for you sweet friend, i quite understand if you dont want to elaborate. I'm happy to just leave it alone.
                Last edited by Tulip; 19-01-2023, 11:22.

Comment

No worries, dear ((((((((((((Tulip)))))))))))). You caused me no distress at all. I probably shouldn't have posted what likely came off as a very negative reply. I coulda just said, I have tried it out and really don't care for The Chosen. I realize I'm in the minority among believers with my opinion about it. There are others, of course and I've seen a few in the Youtube community. I'll add that I adored the film Godspell back in the day and love Biblical plays and musicals, as well some older films like the Matthew and Acts series with Bruce Marchiano. : )
                  Last edited by Catie; 19-01-2023, 23:05.
                  Catie

Comment

glad you werent upset Catie.

sometimes minority opinions carry important insight others have missed, i like to know about them

So just to confirm... does that mean you're happy for me to open a thread to discuss in mercy place

Comment

I’d like you to open it tulip, I’d love to hear about your opinion and others of course of the show. I watched the first two seasons and heard the last episodes of the third will be in theaters, so I will probably go. I like to support religious films so that they continue to come to my area .
                      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I’ve watched 3 episodes of the Chosen so far. I like it thus far. Would love to hear everyone’s take on it, Tulip. Please do open a thread in Mercy Place.

And, btw, it’s fine to mention it here as it is certainly a tv show. LOL. No worries there, but to go into discussion about it may be spiritually triggering to some, so you are right for thinking the Mercy Place for that thread…which I hope you will do.
                        ♥ ♥ ♥
                        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                        Zeph 3:16

Comment

Being unwell for the past 6 weeks, I have spent a lot of time blobbing on the couch. I've recently watched two good series on Stan... but disappointed because they have been axed after a couple of seasons. Well one was after the first season.
                          Chasing Life
                          Open Heart

Last night I started watching Amazing Grace, only one season... but fell asleep not long into the first episode.

Hubby and I have jut finished watching Four Good Days, on Netflix.

Comment

I don't have access to The Chosen but lately have been watching two shows.

One is a BBC production called Pilgrimage. It is about modern day pilgrims who walk a pathway in Scotland. They come from a variety of traditions of faith.

There was also a previous series in which a group of people walked to Istanbul.

I've also been watching something quite different: The Great British Sewing Bee. There are 8 seasons so I've plenty of episodes awaiting me yet. I love it!

Comment

oh! the sewing bee, its a top favourite of mine, of course with your sewing knowledge & enthusiasm you'll love that.

My mother was a keen dressmaker, even made her own wedding dress, & i have fond memories of lying in bed as a child, while 'he' was out at the pub & her sewing machine running downstairs, a comforting sound. the bee makes me feel close to her. I particularly love the transformation challenge

I think the Chosen is accessible free to most countries online Falena???? you can watch it on a laptop through your internet browser as i do. If you googgled 'watch, the chosen, angel studios' you'd find it for sure, should you want to of course.

Humbledbygrace, i just noticed Four Good days is coming to Netflix uk nxt wk it looks good
                              Last edited by Tulip; 22-01-2023, 00:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulip View Post
                                I think the Chosen is accessible free to most countries online Falena???? you can watch it on a laptop through your internet browser as i do. If you googgled 'watch, the chosen, angel studios' you'd find it for sure, should you want to of course.
                                Oh, yeah! I now see that I can! Thank you Tulip.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X