Re: Private messaging problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Private messaging problems

Can you all let me know if you notice any change regarding the private messaging problems? Thanks!
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Same trouble continues. As soon as I replied to a member, their initial PM to me disappeared.
    Catie

Comment

Same here
      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Thanks ladies.
        Email me!

Comment

In a string of six messages, two disappeared. Bummer.
          Catie

Comment

Yeah. Was wishful thinking. We'll keep looking. Thanks Catie.
            Email me!

Comment

I haven’t used private messaging for several weeks so can’t give any feedback.

Comment

Thanks, Emily!
                Catie

Comment

Update: I just received a private message from another member. All that I could see was the title box and the time it was sent, the rest was blank.

Comment

Thanks Falena. This seems to be the same issue that's been ongoing. We just can't figure out why.
                    Email me!

Comment

Falena, I don't know whether you received an email notification for your message from CS. There have been times I could read blanked-out messages through the preview on my email, when they were short enough.
                      Catie

Comment

Thanks Catie. I think in my settings, I don’t have email notifications ticked but I’ll have a look and see if I can do that.

Emily, anything to do with IT is way out of my skillset but would it be possible that the problem is caused by a glitch in the computer program itself, something which cannot be addressed by its users?

Comment

Oh, I don’t get email notifications either, maybe will turn them on. Thanks!
                          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Yeah. Honestly, Falena. I don't think it's anything users can fix themselves. I am pretty certain that V-bulletin is aware that there's a problem, but they don't seem too concerned about correcting it. Our tech guru (Vilandra) has been trying to figure it out as well. But so far, it seems that until VB fixes it, it's just not going to be fixed, unfortunately. Every time we think of a possibility though, we give it a go, just in case.
                            Email me!

Comment

Sorry only just seen this Emily, & just to confirm that a member has sent me 3 msgs over the last couple of wks & i cant see any of them, i know they are there because i can see title, but no msg. I believe they cant see mine either.

Not complaining, i see from yr last post that it likely a VB issue, no worries, thanks for your and Vilandra's efforts

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X