Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome back. This thread contains important information, so please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back. This thread contains important information, so please read.

Welcome back everyone.

First of all, I know how hard it's been for the forum to be down in the middle of this pandemic. With so much social isolation, the forum is an important way to connect, and it's hard when it's down. I hope that you all have been able to take advantage of the support systems that you have created outside of the forum to help you through this time as much as possible.

Also importantly, I want to express our deep gratitude for Dale and Vilandra. They've worked so hard to get us back up and running.

Now, on to the issues at hand.

I am sorry to say that this downtime was caused by a situation where our control panel was hacked, and they made a bit of a mess. Please know that they did not do anything with actual threads, etc, on the forum. It seems that they just broke the mechanism that makes the forum work. It's like taking parts out of a car's engine to keep it from running.

We know that this is difficult and stressful. It feels unsafe and scary, knowing that something like this can happen. But please know that our team is continuing to work constantly to make CS as safe a place as it can possibly be.

You'll notice that our graphics aren't showing right now, but it is being worked on, and we hope to have them back soon.

Because of this, you'll likely experience some intermittent downtime as the work is being done. So we really appreciate your continued patience.

If you notice any issues as you use the forum, please post in this thread, so that our tech team will be aware.

Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Warmest thanks, Emily! So sorry you all have needed to deal with these kinds of issues and that it became necessary to repair/rebuild.
    Catie

Comment

Thanks for making us aware! I appreciate you all so much!
      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

a big thank you to all that worked on the site to get it back up and running. i sooooooooo appreciate it.

Comment

Emily, I didn't know whether I should mention the PM issue that we've had for many months, that it's still with us. I've experienced it since Oct. 2019.

If people PM back and forth, messages are getting deleted as fast as we send them. Maybe others experience the problem differently, but in strings of messages back and forth, only my own remain. If I reply, the person's message I am responding to gets deleted, and each of theirs thereafter, if we keep writing.
          Catie

Comment

Thanks Catie. I thought this problem had corrected, as it happened ot me once or twice, but then not after that. I'll put it on my list to ask Vilandra about.
            Email me!

Comment

Thank you. I don't PM very often, but it's happened consistently whenever I have, including tonight. I'm sure Vilandra has her hands full already!
              Last edited by Catie; 29-05-2020, 05:35.
              Catie

Comment

Well at least we'll have it on the list to look at. Not sure if we can figure it out, but we can try.

Email me!

Comment

Sounds good!
                  Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
                    Emily, I didn't know whether I should mention the PM issue that we've had for many months, that it's still with us. I've experienced it since Oct. 2019.

If people PM back and forth, messages are getting deleted as fast as we send them. Maybe others experience the problem differently, but in strings of messages back and forth, only my own remain. If I reply, the person's message I am responding to gets deleted, and each of theirs thereafter, if we keep writing.
                    yes that is my experience also, only my own remain. Not an emergency by any means. Thanks tech team for all you do.
                    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I need to update that I can't receive a new PM tonight. Unfortunately coming through blank.

No big deal, email version reached me later. : )
                      Last edited by Catie; 30-05-2020, 01:12.
                      Catie

Comment

oh that's bizarre. Catie, can you try again. I've changed some settings. If you click the messenger button at top, is there a dropdown of your messages? And if you try opening that way, does it work?
                        Email me!

Comment

When I click there, I get a drop-down bar that says "Go to Message Center."

And there things look the same. Checked again, still blank. It's ok though.
                          Catie

Comment

Thanks Catie. Will keep working on it. So the dropdown only gives you the option to go to message center?
                            Email me!

Comment

Actually, I think I didn't save the setting before. Try again with the dropdown.
                              Email me!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X