A song that helped me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A song that helped me

Sometimes, when I'm at my lowest or most scared I find the majority of worship songs hard to stomach, let alone sing.
    But i came a cross a song by a band called 'Mercy Me' today called 'Even If' and it really moved me.

I'm not going to post the lyrics because the music effects the words & message I think, but I wanted to share because it moved me with it's acknowledgement of God's goodness & power, but also acknowledges the reality that sometimes we are still left with pain & tough situations, that sometimes God doesn't just sweep in & heal/fix things. And we hope in Him anyway.

So I wanted to share in case anyone else could benefit.
    Last edited by Emily; 13-10-2019, 03:33.

I love that song , Tulip. Mercy Me is one of my favorite groups.

I am always encouraged by songs, conversations, and scripture that address the true grit of living in this fallen world. It’s hard...and we don’t understand the “whys,” but we still believe. Because authentic faith is a gift that permeates the hard stuff. We should never pretend that it isn’t hard.

Thanks for sharing
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Comment

I love that song.... one of mt favs
      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) i'm so glad that the music/song ministered to you.

Comment

lol I had never heard of Mercy Me before, looks like you guys are well familiar with them, I am clearly behind the times haha

I will be looking at their other work.

I am always encouraged by songs, conversations, and scripture that address the true grit of living in this fallen world. It’s hard...and we don’t understand the “whys,” but we still believe. Because authentic faith is a gift that permeates the hard stuff. We should never pretend that it isn’t hard.
          Amen to that Starship.

That's why I love it too.

Comment

I'd never heard that song, Tulip. Some of the lyrics are hard for me but the ending is super neat--I didn't expect him to wrap it up with that portion from the old hymn. It's a beautiful song. And thank you for sharing it.
            Catie

Comment

((((Catie))))) I'm so sorry that some of those lyrics were hard for you, I hope it hasn't triggered anything in an ongoing way for you - last thing you need right now!

Comment

No, sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned that--I glossed over those parts. It truly is a beautiful song! ((((((((((Tulip)))))))))
                Catie

Comment

I like that one a lot, too. I would like to share a song that has been out for a while, but it means a lot to me. It really floored me when I really listened to the words. Lauren Daigle "You Say".
                  I dwell in Possibility - A fairer House than Prose - More numerous of Windows - Superior - for Doors -
                  Of Chambers as the Cedars - Impregnable of Eye - And for an Everlasting Roof - The Gambrels of the Sky -
                  Of Visitors - the fairest - for Occupation - This - the spreading wide my narrow Hands - To gather Paradise -
                  -Emily Dickinson

Comment

I like that one too Apis
                    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

what is helping me now is chain breaker originally by zach williams i believe?
                      dont leave me all alone frodo...dont go where i cant follow
                      my little gentleman

Comment

Yes I like the 'You Say' one too Apis

I just discovered Zach Williams Beauty, I don't know the Chain breaker one, but I love his song 'Fear is a Liar'

Comment

Love those songs. Songs help me get through a lot in life. They really speak to me.

You are the hope that leads me out of the dark
                          You let Your love shine down,
                          So that the world could see,
                          You put the light in me

Brandon Heath

Comment

Andrew Peterson: Is he worthy?
                            nane
                            Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

removed
                              Last edited by Grace Always; 29-10-2019, 11:41.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X