Hi and still practicing new trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiritual Content : Hi and still practicing new trust

All of the speaking went well, thanks be to God. Thanks to all of you who prayed. It basically came down to...I got so panicky that I got to the end of my rope, and instead of crawling back into my head for safety, I decided to practice trusting God breath by breath. I am terrible at this but am doing it as best as I can. I pray His mercy. Trust is not easy. I feel like a beginner. But I’ve also experienced a teeny bit of joy through this, which is amazing.

Someone here mentioned Gen. 28:16 where it says that surely God was in this place and I was not aware of it. So I began to try to practice being more aware of His presence. Also God keeps bringing to mind 2 Cor. 10:5 - ‘We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.’ So every time I panic or have racing thoughts, I say “no! I take this racing thought and give it to God, and I choose to trust Him.”

Over and over. Whispering ‘trust’. Verses on my phone. Husband praying for me, praying against oppression. Something is different this time. Not sure what. It’s like being a child.

You are all so patient. I know that I know nothing and you know that I know nothing, too. But you have all been encouraging and wise.
    thank you.
    'We all want Canaan without going through the wilderness.'
    Ravi Zachariah ❤️

The genesis verse is my favorite
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

It sounds like you've been working very hard! It's wonderful that the speaking went well and that you've been experiencing little sparks of joy in your journey!

Catie

Comment

wonderful!

Comment

Awesome update! I love that you are actively taking control of your thoughts, praying, and choosing to trust God. That’s how the battle is won!
          ♥ ♥ ♥
          The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
          Zeph 3:16

Comment

Thank you, everyone.
            'We all want Canaan without going through the wilderness.'
            Ravi Zachariah ❤️

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
            Working...
            X