X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong Tower
    replied
    Thank you Brina this is very hellpful need to make my own list now !!

---------- Post added at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 ----------

i deserve respect

Leave a comment:

• Moriah_Ruth
    replied
    I am an overcomer.

Leave a comment:

• jfreak
    replied
    Awesome stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Moriah_Ruth
    replied
    I will allow God to heal me in His way, not my own way.

Moriah Ruth

Leave a comment:

• Moriah_Ruth
    replied
    BeautyForAshes,

Yes I agree that our bodies deserve respect. This can be hard at times if one sees themselves as ugly or that others would take advantage of their bodies. So we tend to abuse our bodies or believe the negatives about ourselves. So I also would say this, my body deserves respect. Only because God created it and it is very good.

Moriah Ruth

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    this is an affirmation that is hard for me to believe:

my body deserves respect.

Leave a comment:

• Moriah_Ruth
    replied
    Thank you Brina for posting about the self affirmations. I think it is hard to self affirm ourselves. Even when others give us positive affirmations it is hard to accept them at times. I so much needed this and also with me having EDD, which is Emotional Deprivation Disorder, where one has not been affirmed when they were a young child. Or their emotions were neglected by thier abuser.

I was traumatically abused which affected my emotions to the core. That I find it hard at times to deal with the emotions that come up. I hope that I am not riggering anything for anyone here. It is not intended. However I am looking for godly and positive affirmation, which is part of my healing process.

Moriah Ruth

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    i will heal one day despite the long hard journey....

Leave a comment:

• beautyforashes
    replied
    i am going to try one affirmation i guess

so i must have hope for myself, or i would not have joined here......

Leave a comment:

• coffee bean
    replied
    Affirmations are foreign to me as well. I tell my daughters all of the things above that RS wrote out but I never heard them myself. I somehow subconsciously know what my daughters need to hear because it's the void inside of me...I certainly didn't learn from experience.

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

I guess what I need to work on is telling myself the same things I tell my daughters. I also need to work on accepting and believing affirmations given to me by my husband and friends. I have such a poor view of myself...it is often hard to believe good truth about myself.

Leave a comment:

• soaringwings1
    replied
    It is still amazing to me that affirmations can sound so foreign to me.. How did my precious inner one ever survive..only by the grace of God.
    .Always always said back during the bad times...some day it will be different... and now it is different... maybe not how we want it.... but safe..
    finally safe with God's hand in ours.... It's better than ever and will get better the closer we get to us and to God..

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I've never done work with affirmations. I am wondering: does she say those things to you or is she helping you to say them and believe them within yourself?

Leave a comment:

• ResilientSpirit
    replied
    I go to a T who is an integrative body psychotherapist, combining breathing and yoga-style exercises with affirmations in her work with me. Right now she has me saying the following "good mother" messages to help me give myself what I didn't get growing up:
    I love you
    I want you
    You are special to me
    I see you and I hear you
    It's not what you do but who you are that I love
    I love you and I give you permission to be different from me
    I'll take care of you
    I'll be there for you, I'll be there for you even when you die
    You don't have to be alone anymore
    You can trust me
    You can trust your inner voice
    Sometimes, I will tell you "No" and that's because I love you.
    You don't have to be afraid anymore.
    My love will make you well.
    I accept and cherish your love.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• Ann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Blu~..you are right and thats the thing that set me free! God sees you the same and loves you the same as all those people you think are judging you! Allow Him to lift you up to the place you should be

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X