Click image for larger version

Name:	E618742F-AD43-444F-9179-1D3AEA45F02A.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1469352

Leave a comment:

• Nane
    replied
    Since they're still green... are fried green tomatoes an option?

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Yeah it's a pretty good crop, Falena. They all seem to be producing well. It is hydroponic, so the purple tint is from the full spectrum grow lights. There are red and blue in with the white LEDs. I love tomatoes as well. My last plant was supposed to be a "mega cherry tomato" plant, but put out regular sized tomatoes that appeared to be some type of heirloom variety. But they were nice. I haven't actually planted any full size tomatoes in my gardens yet, partly because I'm unsure if I'll have space. But I've seen some people are able to do it, so I'm sure eventually I'll try. For now, these plants will give me plenty for salads, panzanella, roasted tomato pasta, and other goodies. So I'm good with that.

They are cool, Nane. I'm glad this crop is going well. Last time, I had a good first batch of yellow cherry tomatoes, but they didn't produce well after that. But the plants never put quite this many out during the first batch. So I'm hoping that's a good sign. The red ones produced really great for months though. So hoping these will keep going for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Nane
    replied
    Very cool

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    Wow that’s an impressive crop!

Tomatoes, especially home grown ones, are among my favourite foods.

Maybe somewhere in my family tree is someone from Greece. Tomatoes, garlic and sweet basil and I’m in heaven!

What is the purple colour behind the tomato plants? Are you growing hydroponic ones?

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    started a topic Think I'm gonna have a few tomatoes

Think I'm gonna have a few tomatoes

So I replanted tomatoes, and am now on day 50. I planted 2 red cherry tomato plants, and 2 yellow cherry tomato plants.

And....this is what they're looking like right now. I think we'll have a few. lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1898.jpg Views:	3 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	1469335Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1899.jpg Views:	3 Size:	155.1 KB ID:	1469336
    Last edited by Emily; 16-09-2021, 03:47.
Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X