Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphins

Ok, I will share the coolest thing ever that happened this evening. We went outside to watch the sunset, me kiddo, and 2 dogs. When it's low tide sometimes the dolphins will come by and use the shallows to their advantage to catch fish. They are big and move a lot so the dogs bark at them and sometimes they stop and seem to play a little bit. Well, tonight this one was just having so much fun, he kept turning his head to see what all the noise was and seemed to be using the dogs too and all the noise they were making to help him herd the fish. Actually it was probably a girl because there was a baby that came along pretty close after or it could have been there all along and this other one was just keeping our attention. It hung out for 5-10 min at least and something I rarely see it threw fish out of the water twice before it ate them, one was just like normal, the other one had to have gone 15' in the air at least. It was crazy, never seen anything like that soooooooo cool.

....and now I'm much better and going to get back to studying, hopefully someone enjoys the dolphin playing with dogs story, it totally made my night and now saved my night
    Moonflower

thanks for sharing. Really cool.
    nane
    Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Wow, what an amazing story. That dolphin really was being playful wasn't it, throwing the fish fifteen feet into the air.

They are beautiful creatures and it sounds like it was really communicating.

Here in Australia, people pay a fortune to travel to a place on the West Australian coast called Monkey Mia to swim with dolphins. You can be with them in their natural habitat for free.

Thank you for sharing this story. If you couldn't guess, I am a real animal lover.
      Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
      and today is a gift;
      that's why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That must have been astounding to watch. So glad you got to see that and for the way it boosted your spirits!
        Catie

Comment

Comment

That sounds like a real treat, Moonflower, to see. What a gift!
            Email me!
            Scars remind us of where we've been.
            They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Wow. I’m just in awe imagining it. Lol.
              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
              Working...
              X