Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you reading, drawing, creating, or watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you reading, drawing, creating, or watching?

What fun outlets do you have? As we all deal with the current situation in our world and in our healing journeys, we need to live life and enjoy our breaks. One of the most important life lessons I am learning is the idea of balance and breathing in the midst of difficulty. In this light, what are you currently reading, drawing, creating, knitting, watching, or enjoying as a pastime right now?

Right now I am -
    1. Reading: "The Body Keeps the Score." - It's kind of super intense, so I'm making sure to try and do other things as well.
    2. Drawing: A family portrait for the folks who rebuilt my porch. They have become dear friends and I'm working on a small version of their family portrait before I do a large one. (graphite pencil)
    3. Coloring: In an adult coloring book called "Colorful Blessings."
    4. Watching: YouTube - nature sounds (waterfall in the forest with birds chirping). It has transformed my living room. LOL
    5. Watching: Food Network - America's Worst Cooks (season finale is this Sunday)
    6. Cooking: Burgers on my little George Foreman grill. It's my latest concoction. I mix the meat with pepperidge farm stuffing, worcestershire sauce, mustard, Bulgaria spices, onion, and garlic. It's pretty awesome (and I'm typically not a burger girl).
    7. Drinking: Fever Tree ginger beer (thank you, Emily, for the suggestion!)

What are y'all doing?
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Fun thread.

Reading: "Here For It." It's kind of a memoir in essays written by R. Eric Thomas. It's hilarious, which I'm finding necessary these days.

Not drawing or coloring. Not watching anything other than news really.

Cooking: Nothing specific, but I always enjoy trying out different recipes and changing it up.

Drinking: Ginger beer (hehe. Glad you like it Star). Also pear hard cider is something I'm enjoying a lot.

This isn't really under any of the other categories. But I'm about to start a new project, which I'm kind of excited about. With the pandemic raging, I've found it difficult to feel safe with fresh produce, especially for salads, that won't be cooked, not knowing what they've been exposed to. If I try to garden outside, the rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, mice, and birds would eat it long before I ever got a chance. So I've ordered an AeroGarden, and will give hydroponic gardening a go. It'll be a fun hobby if it works out, a way to keep busy while staying locked down, and also get yummy veggies out of it.
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Oh an AeroGarden sounds like a wonderful project! A friend of mine does something similar and tried to sell me one. It was going to be like $600...YIKES! So...I haven't done it yet. But I must admit every time I see her garden tower on FB, I want it.

You'll have to let me know how it does. So, do you have to put it in the sunlight or does it grow indoors?
      ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Yeah, the one that I ordered was pricy. But I'm hoping that it'll pay for itself over time, with veg that I won't have to buy.

No, it comes with lights. So I'm actually going to put it in my basement. I was laughing that my neighbors will probably see the glow from the grow lights and be sure I'm growing marijuana or something. lmao.....
        Email me!

Comment

you are, stop acting like you're not.....

HA
          Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

lmao...I ain't saying nufin....
            Last edited by Emily; 01-08-2020, 04:50.
            Email me!

Comment

"tomato plants" ....
              Email me!

Comment

Of course! lol
                Email me!

Comment

Should we worry when Emily starts producing “tomato” brownies???

♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

HAHAHA
                    Email me!

Comment

roflol....You don't need to worry, Star. You simply need to place your order. lmao. (You know you want to.) lol

Side note: I wonder if anyone's ever made actual tomato brownies. lol. I've made sweet potato brownies....lol
                      Last edited by Emily; 01-08-2020, 05:52.
                      Email me!

Comment

Wow the garden sounds super cool!!
                        I read about a novel a day, so I have read several. I just recently read the body keeps the score star, and that one took more than a day lol
                        coloring, I have a coloring book but forget about it often
                        Watching- Gerry brooks on YouTube.... all my teacher friends if you haven’t already, indulge... it’s ridiculously funny
                        cooking- looking forward to getting back to cooking after my illness had me on brat diet. I have some crab in the fridge may do crab cakes!
                        drinking- water and lots of it. Although my brother convinced me to try ginger ale bold (soda, I don’t do alcohol) and it was yummy.
                        "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I am reading Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult.

I am also sewing, making face masks for me and the family. (I have a new-found admiration for anyone who makes a living by working on a production line.)

Comment

I’ve read that falena, are you enjoying it?
                            "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Yes I am, it is thought provoking.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X