Name one food you always wanted to try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, Beef Wellington! That's on my list too

I'd love to try authentic soup dumplings. I get frozen ones from Trader Joe's and I'm sure it's not the same, haha.

Oh, and Georgian 3-cheese bread! I love cheese and carbs! Haha
    Last edited by Ashley; 27-05-2017, 11:24.
    "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

OMGGGG CHEESEEEE! Cheese is like a rare delicacy in my house because most of my family members are either allergic or lactose intolerant.

Dumpling soups sounds really good right now. The weather turned a bit chilly again...

I remembered another food I haven't had since I was really little that I wouldn't mind trying again to see if it really tastes as good as I remember: Liverwurst on crackers

Comment

I used to love liverwurst and pate'. Mmmm.

Anyone ever had knoephla soup? A soup they make in North Dakota with a kind of dumpling and potatoes. Hearty!
        Catie

Comment

I love liverwurst as bad as it looks and sounds i love it. Its comfort food makes me think of my oma (grandma)
          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

speaking of grandmothers, my grandma used to serve chocolate mint ice cream (when it used to come in the green color) with butter cookies. I would love to have the combo again...but we don't buy ice cream anymore, or the butter cookies . I also think they stopped making the mint chocolate chip ice cream in the green color, but I wouldn't mind having the combo again

Comment

I went to the grocery store last night and saw a very interesting looking fruit called Jackfruit. It's spiky and dangerous looking. Has anyone ever tasted it? It intrigues me. LOL
              ♥ ♥ ♥
              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
              Zeph 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Starship View Post
                I went to the grocery store last night and saw a very interesting looking fruit called Jackfruit. It's spiky and dangerous looking. Has anyone ever tasted it? It intrigues me. LOL
                i think i have. try it . maybe it will give you powers :p

dont leave me all alone frodo...dont go where i cant follow
                my little gentleman

Comment

i think i would like to try lobster. i only had lobster bisque but i dont think thats the same.
                  i caught red snapper in animal crossing and welsh rarebit sounds like a legendary creature
                  i think im hungry.
                  Last edited by beautyforashes; 12-07-2017, 21:36.
                  my little gentleman

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
                    Overcome, I grew up eating pineapple upside down cake and haven't thought of it for years!

I love the sound of the word tiramisu. Not sure it's something I'd love, but I've never tasted it.
                    i would liken tiramisu to coffee.
                    my little gentleman

Comment

cavier

Comment

I had caviar for the first time a few weeks ago. I also tried fried sardines as well. The caviar was awesome. The sardine I could do without!
                        ♥ ♥ ♥
                        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                        Zeph 3:16

Comment

That is interesting, Star!

I recently started eating pumpkin seeds. I'd never had them before. They are in no way fascinating, but they contain some good nutrients.

What sounds good right now is some kind of exotic homemade non-chocolate, creamy fudge. I don't plan to seek any out, but right now that sounds delightsome.

Have not eaten in years and years and would like to try making: Beef Bourguignon
                          Last edited by Catie; 22-07-2017, 03:32.
                          Catie

Comment

I want to to try the health ice creams- brand artic zero or brand halo top... anyone tried?
                            "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Not familiar. Though would love to hear your findings when you try them out, Overcome!
                              Catie

Comment

Overcome, I've hard of Halo top, but haven't tried it! Seems popular though!

I'd love to try fresh authentic buffalo mozzarella from Italy. That would be the best, haha.
                                "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X