Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name one food you always wanted to try

baobab fruit

Pinapple upside cake... allergic to citrus so it will never happen but people look so happy eating it lol
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Overcome, I grew up eating pineapple upside down cake and haven't thought of it for years!

I love the sound of the word tiramisu. Not sure it's something I'd love, but I've never tasted it.
      Catie

Comment

Ooooh tiramisu is to DIE for. Especially if you love espresso/coffee flavor and cream. It's also one of those desserts that can be made REALLY well or ...not so much. Depends on the cook. Definitely something to try, though.

I'm trying to think of foods that I haven't tried...lol. Ummm...OH, I know. I've always wanted to try king crab legs, but I'm always too intimidated to break the legs apart. Seems like a lot of work for just a little bit of food. HA.
        ♥ ♥ ♥
        The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
        Zeph 3:16

Comment

Aw man, all of those foods sound good. I've never had crab either, but I hear it's really good.

I also want to try a fried oreo someday...totally and completely unhealthy, but they look yummy

Comment

Ive never had tirimasu either.
            I always forget people that dont live by the ocean dont have as much access to seafood. I grew up eating crab. I think doing actual crab... blue crab is too much work for so little food, but king crab legs have lots of meat and when you learn the proper way to break them it is very easy and enough meat to justify the work. snow crab legs as well.

Comment

Sounds luscious, Overcome. Closest I get is crab salad from Walmart, and I don't even think it contains any real crab.

I have not had this in decades, but used to love it: chocolate mousse. I've never made it.

How about trifle?
              Catie

Comment

Oh I love food! And, WaitWhat, fried oreos are pretty amazing, haha. They make them at our state fair!

Well, I actually just got to have a food I've always wanted to have! A Wagyu Filet Mignon! And it really did live up to its expectations. Like butter! It was over a month ago and I still talk about it to my husband! Haha!
                "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

Chocolate mousse sounds divine right now. I wasn't really a chocolate lover until puberty, but now I'm like choooocooolaaaateee!!
                  and that filet mignon sounds amazing!

There's a place in NYC that sells rainbow bagels with funfetti cream cheese...

Comment

Funfetti cream cheese? Coolies!

I haven't had this in years and years, probably since childhood. But I'm thinking fish today--red snapper. I remember it being delish. Would like to try it as an adult and see if it's as good as I recall.
                    Catie

Comment

red snapper! That does sound good...I think I'm in a fish mood now

I've been dying to try dango (japanese sweet dumpling that usually come with like three on a stick)...I think a lot of foods I want to eat are mostly desserts hahaha I have a sugar metabolism problem (not diabetes) so I can't have too many desserts

Comment

Have not heard of dango--interesting!

Never had baked Alaska
                        Catie

Comment

Beef wellimgton lr other fancy tv foods.

Comment

This went out of vogue long ago on US menus. When I was young, I adored Welsh Rarebit. I could try making it, but the fat content is high.
                            Catie

Comment

What is a Welsh Rarebit????

I know I've had this before but I can't remember the taste, so I want to try it again: a starfruit

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X