Prom/graduation stories.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prom/graduation stories.

I'm graduating from high school soon, so why not.
    Can be comical or non-comical. Nothing heavy.

I dont have stories... Didnt go to prom, and graduated a bunch of times from higher ed but no funny stories... So sorry about that, but congrats to you!!! Big stepping stone... What are your plans now?
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Congratulations!
      I have a story, but its too embarrassing.
      He loved me in my past
      He's with me in my present
      He sees me in my future
      Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Overcome, I'm going to college afterwards.

Comment

Cool! Congrats
          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Nice! Congrats, Champion! =) College will be fun. Many memories to be made. =)

If we're sharing stories, I'm not sure if this counts as a "graduation" story. But the week I was graduating we had a "senior rally" to celebrate the senior class. Well, on my way to school my transmission in my car blew out and smoke stared pouring in through the air vents and out the back of my car. But I was determined not to miss this rally! So in a big smokey, noisy mess I managed to exit the freeway and roll into my school's parking lot. My car looked hideous. Black grease was smeared across the sides, and it wouldn't even go when I pressed the gas pedal..I had to use momentum from hills to roll into the parking lot. But I made it to my rally! Good times.
            "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

I didn't go to my prom.

I have a minor graduation story--silly and corny. I had pinned my cap to my hair and when it got to the point in the ceremony where you're supposed to throw your hat in the air, I jumped the gun and tore my hat off too early...it stuck to my hair because I forgot about the pins and then totally messed up my hairdo. By the time I fixed my hair everyone threw their hats...so I threw mine late.
              ♥ ♥ ♥
              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
              Zeph 3:16

Comment

Congratulations
                Faith believes BEFORE it sees and sometimes believes CONTRARY to what it sees.
                - P. Lundell

Comment

Thanks for the congrats and those stories are cute and funny.

Comment

I never went to my prom and I am glad because it would have been German polka dancing with middle schoolers. I am not joking. We had practices for the prom. -_-

Comment

Lexaloo - German polka dancing ... ... we had those lessons in phys ed too

what a disaster of a day .... bad dress made by mother .... asked a boy to go with me - he was my first date ever ... he didn't dance and then flirted with my friend ... so glad i never have to relive that day ... I wish I could say like others that I never went.

Comment

Omg Clover. That's bad. I would've kicked his . At least you can laugh about it now, along with Lexaloo's polka dancing. Unfortunately, we don't have an emoji for that.

Comment

I loved reading all of these stories, they're great. I don't really have a funny graduation story but I will always remember that day as one of my biggest accomplishments. I didn't find out I was graduating for sure until the day before graduation... talk about pins and needles. When I found out, I was so proud of myslef, high school was such a painful time in my life, a place where I really struggled and if it hadn't been for one of my counselors and my older brother helping me I would have dropped out my senior year. Thanks to them and their never ending encouragement I walked across the stage to get my diploma with pride amid loud whistling from the audience where my brother was sitting

Comment

B4grace, that's a beautiful story. =) You should be proud, indeed.
                            "My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but the LORD remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever."

Comment

I didn't go to prom either because I was homeschooled, but when I graduated from university and was getting my diploma, I forgot to shake the President's hand. I just walked right past it without realizing. When I was sitting down again and everyone teased me for missing the hand. It was good fun.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X