X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Nice! I have the bananas, but I need to get the yogurt.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    If you try them I hope you enjoy them. I made a double batch today for the freezer.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Yeah, I don't have the extra sugar either, if I do, I use stevia, and the almond butter is a great addition!

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    I got the recipe from The Chew...and just adjusted it a bit for my needs, by leaving out the honey since I don't like super sweet and try not to use unnecessary sugar, and making them mini...But they're really nice..and filling, with the almond butter adding a bit of extra protein. The original recipe said pulse to blend. I foudn they work better if they're actually blended a bit...so it grinds the oats better. The texture's more to my liking that way.
    Last edited by Emily; 31-01-2016, 08:09.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Sounds great!!! I just got bananas the other day and was wondering what I was going to do with all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Banana Oat Muffins

Ingredients:

--2 cups ripe mashed bananas (usually 3 to 4..if theyre super small may take more)
    --2 cups old fashioned rolled oats ( I actually use the quick cooking variety--not instant)
    --1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (even nonfat works great in this recipe)
    --1/4 cup almond butter
    --2 large eggs
    --1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    --1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    --1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    --1/4 teaspoons salt
    --1/4 cup honey (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350. either line muffin tin with paper liners or grease cups with olive oil or cooking spray.
    2. put all ingredients in blender and blend well.
    3. Fill muffin cups. They can be nearly full. They don't rise much.
    4. Bake about 20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.

Adjustments:

If the bananas are good and ripe, they're sweet, and unless you like really sweet, you could use less, or even no honey. I have never put in the honey.
    I also use a mini muffin tin, because I like the texture of the small ones better. They bake in about 15 to 18 minutes in the mini muffin tin.
    These freeze great, and make for a nice snack, or breakfast. The texture is a bit different from muffins made with flour, but they are really nice, and the blender makes them super easy...
    Because you can take the peel off bananas when they get super ripe (almost too ripe to eat) and just freeze them, it's easy to have all the ingredients on hand for whipping up a quick batch.

(The Chew)
    Last edited by Emily; 31-01-2016, 08:08.

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied
    HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes it does!

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    roflmao...yeah. goes well with barnarnar?

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied
    fearlow

AHAHAHAHA

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    lmao yeah I sat here debating on which spelling to use...I almost put phyllo/filo. lol

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied
    i like the international difference in its spelling.. HA

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    I haven't done anything as fancy as either one forever. But yum, it all sounds inspiring!

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    hehe...I would choose puff over phyllo. I like phyllo but it can be a bit fussy to work with...lol. It has to be a really great recipe for me to bother. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Brina
    replied
    i have no patience for making stuff with filo pastry, so puff is juuuuust fine.. HA

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    hehe I love spanikopita Catie..so yummy. lol...I got the stuff to make these today Catie and tonight while talking about it..I want to make it now too! lol...but I'll wait til Thursday..hehe.

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X