Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Brina, you never mentioned before that you went to a Swiss finishing school as well as the Advanced Cookery one. Did you also go to the same finishing school as me?

You sure set a beautiful table. I'm not sure which shows up your remarkable talents to greater effect: the bite already taken out of the toast or the spotty bread and butter plate against the busy design of the tartan rug.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

the clash of colours really bring out my DID i find...

HAHAHAHA
      Email me!

Every tear
      On every face
      Tastes the same

Comment

Last edited by Eagle; 11-01-2014, 03:31.
        "We must go everywhere. We must tell people that no pit is so deep that HE is not deeper still. They will believe us because we were here."
        The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, Isaiah 40:31

Comment

Originally posted by Brina View Post
          the clash of colours really bring out my DID i find..
          Do you mean there was not exactly a consensus reached at the time of the table setting? Or did perhaps everybody enjoy free rein to produce this rather, ahem, eclectic outcome?

BTW would the mug be Maxwell and Williams brand? I have a very similar one, except the insider who chose it likes pink rather than red tonings.

And another thing: when I went to my Swiss Finishing School, I was instructed never to cut the toast in rectangles.

Maybe we didn't go to the same finishing school after all?
          Last edited by Falena Porter; 11-01-2014, 04:03.
          and today is a gift;

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

my mug is alex liddy - holly robin, i got it for xmas of one of the toddlers families in my room as a "thank you" for being his educator during the year, so its a christmasy mug without being over the top.

its my new favorite mug, it feels so nice to hold and drink from and light.

i dont like triangle toast, cause theres not enough middle bits .. HA

i wont eat off square plates, but i have to have my toast in halves and not triangles, even tho a triangle is also a half... it just doesnt seem right... HA..

HA
            Email me!

Every tear
            On every face
            Tastes the same

Comment

I think the plate does it I never understood that triangle business... but then out bread is not square... haha.
              nane
              Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Brina View Post
                my mug is alex liddy - holly robin

Alex Liddy you say? Well, lah-de-dah! You must work somewhere very posh!
                and today is a gift;

Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

nah, not posh at all..

HA

if the centre i worked at was for posh families, no one would get a thank you.. HA
                  Last edited by Brina; 11-01-2014, 05:46.
                  Email me!

Every tear
                  On every face
                  Tastes the same

Comment

Wow, I'm both learning so much on this thread and getting some great laughs in, too. (Thanks, Brina--for the laughing part )
                    "My flesh and my heart, they may fail,
                    But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever and ever. Amen."
                    Psalm 73"

Comment

you all make me laugh I love that spotty plate Brina I am mad for spots, I love anything with spots on for some reason.

My mouth is watering for marmite err ahem sorry now... I am off to get some

I'm not well enough to cook I'm afraid but I am having a craze on paninis with brie & cranberry sauce at the moment... yum

Comment

Oh brie and cranberry go great together so that's a great choice.
                        Email me!
                        My Profile
                        | Rules | Access | Staff
                        Scars remind us of where we've been.
                        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Honey Baked Chicken

1/3 cup honey
                          2 tbsp. mustard
                          1/2 tsp salt
                          1 tsp. curry powder
                          1/4 cup ketchup
                          1 tbsp. vinegar

Mix all ingredients. Warm the honey if it is solid so it blends with the other ingredients. Pour over chicken pieces, I use skinless chicken breasts.
                          Bake 1 hour 15 minutes basting every 20 minutes at 350 F. Serve with rice.

Comment

Oh that sounds good Kaimana. I've not tried one that has curry and stuff in it. I've got a honey mustard marinade that I use for chicken though and it's always a hit. This sounds like a fun twist
                            Email me!
                            My Profile
                            | Rules | Access | Staff
                            Scars remind us of where we've been.
                            They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

OH these sound so good..
                              Email me!

Every tear
                              On every face
                              Tastes the same

Comment

fried oreos...

pancake batter (follow the directions on the box for preperation) dip the oreos in the pancake batter then fry till golden brown.. best served with ice cold almond milk..

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X