Covid booster day! Grateful.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid booster day! Grateful.

I had my Covid booster today. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to do something that will not only protect me, and those I care about, but also allows me to do my part in dealing with this horrible disease, and help protect the people in my community, as I think about the many who can't be vaccinated, but are at higher risk. There's something special about being able to put "Love thy neighbor as thyself" into practice in such an important way.

Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

I'm glad it was your turn and I hope you're feeling well! Yay for feeling protected!
    I still have to wait a couple of months... though I probably need to find out how to book an appointment now!
    nane
    Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Good so far, Nane. A slightly sore arm. But otherwise, so far so good. Small price.

Yeah. I've really been counting the days. lol. I was only eligible a week ago, and today was the first available appointment, so I jumped on it.
      Email me!

Comment

Happy for you!
        Catie

Comment

I’m glad you’re not having any side effects!
          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Yeah. This time my arm is a bit more sore, and my lymph nodes hurt a bit. But that's a sign of an immune response, so I'll take it!
            Email me!

Comment

Woo hoo! yay! I also feel we are so blessed to live in countries where this is available to us. Mine is booked for 13th

Comment

That's great, Tulip. Hope yours goes smoothly.
                Email me!

Comment

Hubby and I have booked our boosters for late January, 5 months from our second shots. While the Government is now reducing it to 3 months, as of early January, we are encouraged to keep our existing appointments, if we have already made them.
                  While I understand the plea from the Government to, at a minimum, do it for the greater good of others, I am nervous about it. I have been unwell since four days after my second shot, with bronchitis, shortness of breath and lung isssues - and tests are not giving any clear answers. I am worried that it may be connected to the Pfizer injection, and I wonder, will a booster may make things worse. I am so worried about the possible interactions, that it turns to anxiety much too quickly, when I think about it too much. i have not been completely well since 4th Sept, 17weeks and counting.
                  How does a person talk about their fears without setting the anti-vaxxers loose, or without sounding like one themselves?

Comment

It is really hard. I had some unexplained illness after my second shot also, cardio related . But so far been okay since my booster. I went back and forth about getting it, and finally decided that if I didn’t it basically turned the first two into worthless shots, and I didn’t want to have done it for nothing. In my country they are allowing mixing of boosters, and while I don’t believe in that and I got my original brand of shot as the booster some are suggesting if concerned about it get a different brand as booster… again not sure how I feel about it, and if my cardio symptoms return not sure what I’ll do about the next booster needed…. More research I guess . I hope it goes well for you.
                    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

After I got booster, I felt like I'm dying. It passed after a few days, but that's not something I'd want to relive.

Comment

It's been 12 weeks since my booster, and the reaction I had from the 2nd shot (mentioned above) returned by about day 5. It's not as severe as it was back in Sept, but I never fully recovered after the 2nd.
                        I now react to changes in temperature - both hot and cold, and I have a persistent cough and breathing issues. I have silent reflux and I feel lethargic most days.
                        Reducing histamines in my diet seems to help a bit but not significantly.
                        if our government mandates another booster... at the moment I'm saying I won't have it. It takes too long to recover to an an m acceptable level of 'normal' after each shot.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                        Working...
                        X