Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Intensity Meeting With Therapist

Hello Friends,
    I just completed a low Intensity meeting with my therapist. We went through some diaphagmatic breathing exercises. We compared heart rate before and after. The breathing exercises did bring my heart rate down and I felt better after.

In one of the exercises I visualized the most intense instance of my abuse. That did indeed bring up heart rate and an emotional response. Deep breathing brought both back down.

My homework is to practice doing this at least 3 times each day this week. I call it stressor lifting! I will add it to my daily walk n talk and weight lifting. Hopefully it gets my psyche in better shape than my body. Lol.

I am thankful we did not process anything today. As you know if you read my other posts, I just wasn't up for thinking today. My thinker is all thunk out today!

I hope you are all having as good a day as possible.
    Woodsy
    Last edited by woodsy1; 23-11-2020, 21:18.

Oh, good! I hope the breathing exercises end up being a nice ongoing tool you'll be able to reach for. Sounds like your therapist expects you to work this week with all that practice. LOL.
    Catie

Comment

Lol, Catie. My therapist wants me to work indeed!

Good news. After the torment of yesterday and this morning, the rest of the day today has turned out to be more pleasant than I have experienced in a while. I know I said that a few days ago, but today was even better.

About the time I adapt to being unstable, perhaps I will be stable! I would not complain about that

Thanks for hearing me through the changes.

Woodsy

Comment

Excellent! Woot to a pleasant second half today!
        Catie

Comment

Woot woot! Nite.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
          Working...
          X