Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun discussion:What's your favorite snack?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a very cool tree to have! I hope it gets through the cold ok and thrives for you!
    Catie

Comment

Wondering if I could grow an avocado tree in my backyard...

...and remembering the slow demise of my tomato plant.

hmmmm
      ♥ ♥ ♥
      The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
      Zeph 3:16

Comment

Hey, it's worth a try, yeah? Because if it works......avocados just whenever you want them...wow.....
        Email me!
        Scars remind us of where we've been.
        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Star if you live somewhere that doesn't freeze you totally could have your own guacamole tree They are easier than seasonal veggies in my opinion.
          Moonflower

Comment

Moonflower, I live close to the Southern coast of Texas. It’s totally humid here, but we do have a couple days a year that freeze. It really never goes below 20 degrees F.
            Heat, on the other hand can be extreme. Much of the summer (which lasts from May through October) has temps above 95, with many days over 100 deg. F.
            And lots of humidity. Not the dry heat of North or West Texas.

I don’t believe my area is sustainably inhabitable without air conditioning.

I must admit, though. I’d love an avocado tree and a magnolia tree.
            Last edited by Starship; 13-09-2020, 17:05.
            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Wow, I would guess we are similar latitude I'm the other side of the Gulf. It is very rare for us to hit freezing here, inland will sometimes freeze but not this close to the water it keeps us warmer.

I love Magnolia trees, there used to be a huge one a few houses down.

Most people would think you couldn't live here without AC either, at the moment though ours isn't working so I am super grateful that we still have some overcast from Sally, hoping it can get fixed today.
              Moonflower

Comment

Definitely hope your AC can be fixed asap, moonflower!
                Catie

Comment

Oh golly goodness! You need your AC!!! Break out the ice popsicles. But eat them fast - LOL - before you have to lick the melted flavor off your fingers and solemnly walk away from the puddle on the ground.
                  ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

lol, Star I totally had a strawberry Popsicle while I was studying last night and I just made a batch of guac to celebrate passing my test.

AC guy just finished it's already down to 83
                    Moonflower

Comment

Oh good! Keep it up A/C - Moonflower has some celebrating to do and she needs to not sweat! LOL

Congrats on the excellent test grade! Awesome! All you need now is some fab salsa to go with your dip. (And a sombrero.)
                      (ok, just imagine this is a happy sombrero)

So your strawberry popsicle reminds me of my fav ice popsicles called “Outshine.” They are all fruit and oh so yummy! They feel healthy. I love that. And not overly sweet.
                      ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Yes Star, those are the popsicles. I love that they are actual fruit. I've thought about making my own, around here during strawberry season you can get flats for dirt cheap or just go pick them yourself. That maybe one of the things I do when I have something resembling spare time I just got a mango tree over the summer, so I'll probably make mango ones when I start getting more fruit than I can eat fresh, but that will be a few years.
                        Moonflower

Comment

Guac .... it's what's for breakfast, lol
                          Moonflower

Comment

LOL - would you like some eggs with your guac?

Fiber One chocolate chip cookie. It's what's for breakfast when I haven't done my grocery shopping yet.
                            Seize the day!
                            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Love it Star, now me want cookie
                              Moonflower

Comment

Mango. When in season, these are definitely one of God's best tropical creations.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X