Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun discussion:What's your favorite snack?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun discussion:What's your favorite snack?

I have never been a huge snacker. But I've generally fallen on the side of more savory snacks than sweets.

I love nachos, or chips and salsa, or chips and dip.

But lately, i've been in the phase where I can't get enough fig spread and goat cheese (fresh mild, creamy chevre) on crackers....

Also, even though I think it's considered pretty boring with all the options out there, I love an ice cream sandwich. Occasionally the more 'gourmet' ones. But generally...just the rectangular shaped ones with the sticky chocolate cookie...lol. Though I love the Thelma's Cayenne Chocolate Chip ones.

What are your go-tos?
    Last edited by Emily; 03-09-2020, 04:08.
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Pickles. Fresh, cold, sour dill pickles that snap and crunch.

Fiber One chocolate chip cookies. They are individually wrapped, so I don’t get into trouble with eating a bunch. They are my “I’m going to die if I don’t eat something substantial but I don’t want a meal replacement” choice.

Can coffee be a snack?
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Comment

Oh I do love a good pickle, Star. I have had those Fiber One cookies. They're surprisingly good.

I think coffee is life sustaining (not just for me, but for anyone who may come in contact with me on any given day). So it should be considered an essential nutrient on the food pyramid. lol

Editing to say "surprisingly good" sounded like an insult. I didn't really mean it to be. lol.
      Last edited by Emily; 03-09-2020, 04:20.
      Email me!

Comment

LOL! They are surprisingly good. I convince myself they are healthy. Ha! (They aren’t, but it’s fun to think they might be.)
        ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Hehe. Yeah. I actually expected them to taste a little like they're supposed to be good for you. lol. They didn't. So 'surprisingly good'. lol.

Yeah, not really healthy. But healthier than some options..so that's something. lol
          Email me!

Comment

Those fiber one cookies are surprisingly good.
            and I love love pickles.... dill not sweet.

I am a savory snacked too, chips, popcorn, pretzels.

although ice cream sandwiches are yummy!
            "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I am definitely a chipper dipper. Mostly guacamole since the pandemic with tortilla chips. I have the ingredients to make hummus but I haven't yet. I like store hummus with extra seasoning and pita chips.

I wish I had not gotten myself in the habit the last few months of eating cookies daily. Mostly generic Oreos.

Fruit wise I prefer purple. Black grapes, black or red plums, blueberries. But I really enjoyed a honeydew recently and I'm working on a mini watermelon now.

I really miss coffee!
              Catie

Comment

I made hummus this afternoon. Finally! It came out pretty well and the flavors are still melding. Took the advice to cook the canned chick peas first to soften.
                Catie

Comment

Chocolate.

Chocolate.

Chocolate.

Rich, creamy, milk chocolate. I have to limit myself to two squares a day or it could be otherwise two blocks per day. The supreme comfort food.

I also love Greek yoghurt. I have it on my breakfast cereal, as a sweetener to finish off lunch and as dessert for dinner. Oh, and sometimes for arvo tea as well. (Maybe I oughtta buy some shares in the company that makes it?)

Comment

Those all sound great, Catie. I enjoy hummus.

So, you like chocolate, Falena? heh. I like Greek yogurt as well.
                    Email me!

Comment

Thinking I need to grab some pita chips, spicy hummus, guacamole and salsa (from Lupe Tortillas - best TexMex in town)...and get to work munching.

Then some Dove dark chocolate - vanilla bourbon. Yes, they make it! Soooo good. (Tempted to mail a bar to Falena...just cuz I’m not sure if they sell it in Aussie land.)
                      ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

I do love tex-mex.
                        Email me!

Comment

Starship ... chocolate gives me migraines, but while you are sending Falena the chocolate, ill have some bourbon for my snack.. HAHAHAHA
                          Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

LMAO....would you like something to go with that, Brina?​​​​​​​
                            Email me!

Comment

pepsi.
                              Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X