Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun discussion: Laughter (no spiritual content please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun discussion: Laughter (no spiritual content please)

The world is full of serious right now, with so much going on. Sometimes, we need to make a conscious effort to laugh.

What is the laugh thing that made you belly laugh?

Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

I'll try to watch for laughs going forward, in case something can be posted here. I tend to forget so many little laughs right away. But having a good chuckle helps immensely!
    Catie

Comment

Sometimes, I think a thread like this can give us a reason to appreciate those moments. Look forward to hearing.
      Email me!
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

After doing home office on and off for almost 20 years I recently had to fill out a questionnaire to determine whether I'm fit for home office or not...
        nane
        Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Lol Nane, right?? Hysterical. What were the results. Lol
          "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

That's a hoot!
            Catie

Comment

this is such a great idea..i don't "belly" laugh (i do laugh quietly) it's probably a good thing. with this belly, it would likely get out of hand and bounce me around the room. daisy makes me laugh all the time. we have quite serious discussions sometimes. one i can think of, she was asking me if she is pretty. i told her that she is very pretty, but it's more important to be pretty on the inside. she was quite for a long time, and i could see she was thinking. i thought maybe she was considering being kind, etc...then she said, "but mamaw, i'm pretty sure there's a skeleton in there." i love the little jellybean.

Comment

Cute!!
                Catie

Comment

Daisy made me laugh out loud!

Comment

i know funny is hard to come by right now, but doesn't anyone have a story or something ? i need to laugh. go ahead, post it on here.

Comment

I agreed to tutor some kids in person privately as well as do online summer school, so I went to my first tutoring session and the boy looks in my bag and said oooo you brought lunch, when it really was yellow play dough in a glad container. Typing it out I realize it might not be as funny to read but I got a good chuckle in person,

Comment

I get it. was he thinking you would be working a loooong time because you "brought lunch"? or was he wanting your "lunch"? i can see the kid, that's what makes it funny.

Comment

I don't have a personal funny story, since I don't go anyplace. I found it kinda funny that a big brown lizard was flinging itself at my dad's front storm door yesterday. Guess it wanted in out of the heat.

Some funny things I've happened upon are clean comedy on youtube and some of the coronavirus parody songs there. A short comedy vid that I think is laugh out loud funny is by a guy named Shayne Smith on robbing Wendy's with an alligator.

***Edited because the family I had in mind that does the parodies bleeps out a few words.
                          Last edited by Catie; 09-07-2020, 03:18.
                          Catie

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post

I get it. was he thinking you would be working a loooong time because you "brought lunch"? or was he wanting your "lunch"? i can see the kid, that's what makes it funny.
                            I think he only said lunch because of the container - it’s a common food container . I was no it’s play dough and he was like play dough? Oh

Comment

Two atoms were walking down a street.

One atom says to the other, "I've lost an electron!"

The second atom asks, "Are you sure?"

Replies the first atom, "I'm positive."

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X