No announcement yet.

Hobbies and Entertainment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know judge judy!! Lol im not completely out of it. Haha.
    "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Overcome has arrived to the 21st century!!! So glad you could make it! ***pulls up tv recliner and offers Overcome some tea ***

One of my favorite Judge Judy sayings is: “Something doesn’t make sense, and if it doesn’t make sense that means it isn’t true!”
      ♥ ♥ ♥
      The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
      Zeph 3:16

Comment

I didn't actually find anything. It was really stormy yesterday morning, so when I went in the afternoon, a lot of folks had not opened up their tents. But I went back this afternoon and it everything was opened and it was packed. The weather was perfect today. It's only a couple blocks from my house, so I just am able to walk up. As a matter of fact a lot of people who come park by my house and even farther down. So I'm lucky I don't have to deal with parking! lol. I saw a few things that I liked, but nothing that really fit with what I was looking for. But still fun to look.

Today they had extra things like a car show, a weiner dog race, and a petting zoo as well, so lots of folks with kids come out.

I love Gatlinburg area Star. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, that area is just beautiful really. It's been years since I've been there though.
        Email me!
        My Profile
        | Rules | Access | Staff
        Scars remind us of where we've been.
        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

i wanna go to dollywood.
          Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

Road trip!
            Email me!
            My Profile
            | Rules | Access | Staff
            Scars remind us of where we've been.
            They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

My current favorite past time is going swimming... biking there- swimming- biking home. Most awesome in the evening.
              nane
              Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

reminds me Nane.. my town is building a new aquatic centre, i think next year it will be finished and opened, im so excited, cause its a real pain to get to the pool in the next town, its an annoyingly long drive just for a swim.
                Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

it makes summer so much nicer when you can go for a swim just like that. Here they even give you half of the fee back when you stay less than 2h... which is perfect for a quick swim.
                  Hopefully, Brina, by next summer you'll be able to 'just' go and enjoy.
                  nane
                  Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Sounds like a fun weekend, Emily I imagine the weiner dog races would be super cute if they wore those little superhero outfits. LOL

Yes, Gatlinburg is a beautiful area, for sure.

Brina, I have been to Dollywood! It was years ago, though. There's one part of it that is dedicated to her childhood history. (I seem to remember something like a replica of the house she grew up in...it was tiny.) We also went to the Grand Ole Opry. The funny thing was that I didn't care for country music at the time (I was in high school) but I did enjoy the live music and atmosphere a lot.

Actually, I can't believe when I think back on my high school days, I HATED country music, bananas, mexican food, cheese and milk! Unbelievable! Now I adore mexican food (Tex-Mex), can't do without cheese , certainly enjoy bananas (when they are first ripe...after they get spots they are too old for me), and my favorite music group is Point of Grace (country flair). Milk, however, remains undrinkable! It's ok when it's in something, but I can't drink it by itself without gagging.

Good pastime, Nane! I don't even own a bike. In fact, I wonder if I could even ride one again. The only bike I've ridden in the last 32 years has been a stationary one at Planet Fitness. LOL. Glad you are getting access to a pool as well, Brina. I love swimming, too, but don't get much opportunity to go to the community center. I don't want to go to the neighborhood pool. The last thing I need is for a student to see me in my bathing suit!

So tonight I enjoyed watching So You Think You Can Dance on my DVR. Those dancers are amazing! Love that show.

And another funny little thing, I have a monitor in my arm that checks my blood sugar. It stays in my arm for 14 days at a time. (It's awesome b/c I don't have to prick my fingers to test anymore. Just swipe w/ my iPhone.) Anyway, my cat decided it was strange and that it should not be on my arm. It needed to be killed. LOL. So she has been carefully swatting at it. Not sure if she is saving my life or thinks I'm a toy. LOL

♥ ♥ ♥
                    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
                    Zeph 3:16

Comment

Lol about the blood monitor.... oh kitties!!
                      I also avoid pools for fear of students lol

i love SYTyCD!!!
                      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Love the beach but not the sharks. Sounds like your cat is on the mission!
                        He loved me in my past
                        He's with me in my present
                        He sees me in my future
                        Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                        Working...
                        X