No announcement yet.

Hobbies and Entertainment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily, the next time you use your Kitchen Aid mixer, you need to post a pic of whatever yummy thing you make. They say we eat first with our eyes! (At least, that's what they say on the Food Network. And I believe them! HA)
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
    Zeph 3:16

Comment

lol. I believe them too! I will. I'll have to think of something to make. lol.

I used to make muffins in it a lot. But I started making banana oat muffins in the blender, so don't need the mixer for that anymore. lol

I love it for making breads though because it'll knead. I usually let stuff knead on the mixer for a bit, then finish it off by hand. lol
      Email me!
      My Profile
      | Rules | Access | Staff
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

After you've taken a picture of it, feel free to freeze, box it up, and mail it my way.
        ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

roflmao….I will make a note of that! lol.
          Email me!
          My Profile
          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

hahaha...you think I'm kidding. Little do you know that I'm really very good at accepting food.
            ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

art school nudies, no way could i even draw someone in the same room as me like that. i would actually die of embarrassment... HA

ive only once drawn a hand that was really good, i think that was my one fluke.. HA
              Last edited by Brina; 19-07-2019, 04:37.
              Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

Yup. We had this one old lady who posed regularly. She would be on an elevated center platform and the whole class would set up easels around her. Then she would get in an “interesting” position. One time it was crowded and I ended up right behind her. For the pose that day.....(wait for it)....she bent over with her butt in the air. Ohhhhh....yup, I just couldn’t do it. I know the whole point was to learn how to draw anatomy, but I just didn’t want to draw THAT anatomy!

Then there was the old man who would come.

I will say this much...wrinkles do make for better drawings.
                ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

oh gawd... HAHAHA... so basically, you looked into your future... HAHAHAHAAHAHA

Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

Oh my!! When you put it that way...

Well, if wrinkles make better drawings, then I’m sure I’ll be one heck of a subject!!! (The great model that NO ONE will ever draw!!)
                    ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Just don't bring your phone with you when you model! That would be like taking it in the shower. lol
                      Email me!
                      My Profile
                      | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Nope!! No showers....iPhones and showers should never mix! LOL ...
                        ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Exactly!
                          Email me!
                          My Profile
                          | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

*draw me like one of your french girls*

*OMG NOOOOOO, not like a can can dancer!!*

you know whats also tricky for me about faces, is the lights and darks and negative spaces, i get it all too busy.

Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

This thread is a hoot, so far!

Since it mentions entertainment as well, I'll just say that my neighborhood has an art and local business fair every year, and it's this weekend. It's been so stinkin' hot, I wasn't sure I'd end up going. But tomorrow is supposed to be much more tolerable. The heat warning is ending for us tonight. . So I'll go tomorrow. It's always fun just to walk around and see some of the really amazing work that the artists do that show here, and who knows, maybe I'll find a few pieces for my downstairs. I've pretty much finished the work, but looking for some fun décor pieces.
                              Email me!
                              My Profile
                              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

Emily, ooh...an art walk! Did you find anything? Hope it wasn't too hot out there! I remember visiting Gatlinburg TN when I was in high school. I just loved being in the mountains and walking around all these cute stores filled with local artists' work. I left with a little block of wood and a whittling knife, thinking I would make something cool. I have no idea if I ever carved anything decent...simply don't remember, except that I loved the feel of the town. Seemed like stress just melted away as I saw people enjoying what they were doing.

Brina, lol...more like a "can't can't" dancer!
                                I love drawing faces...especially just "parts" of faces. I'm famous for incomplete drawings! LOL I just get to a certain point and then it's like, whelp...that's all I needed to capture today. Ha! You should try it out and maybe that will help you not focus so much on feeling like you have to achieve the concept of a whole face...just practice snippets of what's visually interesting and you may find it won't be so "busy."

So this really isn't "entertainment," but today I went to lunch w/ a coworker and then got a hair cut and dye. I love my sweet hairdresser. She gives the most amazing head massages when she washes out the dye. Then later I enjoyed some coffee while watching some episodes of Judge Judy that I had recorded. (I love how she sees straight through all the lies people weave to try and wiggle out of responsibility!)
                                ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X