What do you like about where you live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you like about where you live?

I thought I'd ask a question to try to get to know some of you a little more. For some reason the one I thought of is: what do you like best about where you live?

I'll start. I absolutely love my drive to and from work everyday. I'm from southern California so I grew up with very little grass and whole lot of cars and concrete. But now I live in northern Indiana and I could never go back to city living again. I love driving past all the fields and seeing how big the sky really is; even in the middle of winter I love that I can see the snow on the trees miles away. And right now everything is such a beautiful shade of green that I never knew existed until I moved out here. How about you guys? What keeps you planted in your current spots?

I have been so many places...but i love where i am now, in MS, because my granddaughters are here.

Comment

i live in rural australia, i like the rainforests, the coast, the valleys and farmland and animals that surround the town i live in.
      Email me!

Rule Your Own World!

Comment

I live in Minnesota. I love it here. And though I live in the city, the neighborhood where I live has a small town feeling, and we have a lot of parks, and walking trails and hiking paths near the river, a lot of lakes, so it's kind of the best of both worlds--easy access to anything you'd need, without feeling like you're in the city.
        Email me!
        My Profile
        | Rules | Access | Staff
        Scars remind us of where we've been.
        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I live in a small town in Asia. I love the green of spring, the fresh veggies and fruit, the kindness of the people, and the mountains that have snow most of the year.
          nane
          Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

what a great thread! That sounds lovely Nane I didnt know you lived in Asia. Do you have cherry trees/blossoms?

I cant use my garden much because of noisy neighbours that trigger me, but it looks beautiful out of the wondow especially as it's spring in UK & i have several trees that are in blossom - apples etc. On a sunny day it lifts the heart to look at beauty.

Comment

I live in southeast Texas. I think my favorite thing is freshly mown grass! Vegetation grows rapidly here because of the warmth and humidity. The summer evenings are exceptionally lovely (as long as you have mosquito repellant! Lol)
              Many mornings there is a quiet gentleness in the air (probably from morning fog and warm humidity) and stepping outside feels like stepping into a giant hug. Its wonderful (as long as I can return to the crisp A/C afterwards.)
              ♥ ♥ ♥
              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
              Zeph 3:16

Comment

I live in the US Midwest. (Sorry, I guess I have trust issues to not even be able to say what state. Lol.) I love our backyard, which is a sanctuary anytime of the year for us. And we live close to beautiful parks.
                'We all want Canaan without going through the wilderness.'
                Ravi Zachariah ❤️

Comment

Wow this has been really fun to read. Everyone's homes sound so lovely.

Emily, I absolutely love Minnesota! If it weren't for the middleschoolers I mentor I'd be there now.

Comment

I love it here too, Stargazer. Of all the places I've lived, it's by far my favorite.
                    Email me!
                    My Profile
                    | Rules | Access | Staff
                    Scars remind us of where we've been.
                    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I live in Greece, I love it. Soon will be changing location from my property in Athens to a bigger house on island Crete. It should happen before the end of October. What I love about Greece? For sure it's greek people, they are always nice and talkative. You feel here like at home. And of course local food! It's one of the best in my opinion.
                      Last edited by Starship; 05-08-2019, 14:38.

Comment

I love the food! I live in Canada, and so the weather is indeed varied here. I love the multiculturalism here too, as it provides a mix of foods.
                        Last edited by knm875; 19-08-2019, 06:45.

Comment

I've adjusted to small town living, went from city life to a horse and cow as adjacent neighbors. I like being able to go to the grocery store and back without fighting traffic, but I don't think I've adjusted to only have one choice of store without a commute.
                          He loved me in my past
                          He's with me in my present
                          He sees me in my future
                          Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                          Working...
                          X