No announcement yet.

One good thing! Anyone can join in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Cookie- Grandkids are a lot of fun!!

Falena, I don't know if possums are the same here. Good question...glad you have a wonderful view in your back yard!!
    Catie- Glad the blossoms made you smile!! Spring is so lovely!!

My God is changeless in his love for
    me, and he will come and help me.

Psalm 59:10

Every survivor deserves to heal from
    what they've been through!

Comment

Hi everyone - mind if I jump in? I enjoy hearing how each of you are finding good in your own ways. That is joyful for me. I also am grateful for the beauty of spring, and for the new frog we have in our little pond. I named her Fiona the Frog! Also just getting up this morning is good....and my husband is so kind and gentle.
      'We all want Canaan without going through the wilderness.'
      Ravi Zachariah ❤️

Comment

Fiona is a great name. How fun!
        Email me!
        My Profile
        | Rules | Access | Staff
        Scars remind us of where we've been.
        They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I like that name for your frog! Hopetothrive glad you joined us on the thread! Glad your husband is so kind! What a gift!!

Hi Emily!

I have good news I took my car for repairs today and it was a lot cheaper than expected!! YaY!!

Comment

Oh that is good news! The simplest things with cars can cost so much now. Even a regular service can cost hundreds. So yay, for saving money!
            Email me!
            My Profile
            | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

I, too, love the name Fiona for the frog. I followed the growth of Fiona the hippo for awhile online.

Ann, woo hoo for a less costly car repair!!
              Catie

Comment

(This is kind of weird to describe but) I enjoyed a lot of cuddles with my bird today. I basically hold my thumb against my cheek and he hops on and nestles against my face; we'll just sit like that and watch a movie together.

Comment

That sounds really sweet, Stargazer. I wouldn't have guessed that a bird would be so affectionate. What kind is he?
                  Catie

Comment

Catie, he's a pacific parrotlet, so think all the spunk and personality of a big parrot smooshed into a 4in tall bird. He's very affectionate; the first thing he says every morning is "give me kisses!"

Comment

I had never heard of them but looked them up and watched a video by an owner of a blue one named Ben. What precious creatures! That is phenomenal that yours is so full of personality! Very cool...
                      Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Stargazer View Post
                        (This is kind of weird to describe but) I enjoyed a lot of cuddles with my bird today. I basically hold my thumb against my cheek and he hops on and nestles against my face; we'll just sit like that and watch a movie together.
                        oh that is so precious, how wonderful

I'm just watching a blackbird having a bath in the birdbath in my garden - they are so funny, such wriggling flapping abandon. And also noticing i have a pair of bluetits nesting in the birdbox, they obviously have babies as they are darting back & forth to the seed feeder. It makes me happy, if only for a moment or 2

Comment

I was grumpy today, but upon coming home from work, plopped on the sofa and reveled in the rest. Our dogs keep jumping up on me. It made me laugh! Hope you are all doing ok.
                          'We all want Canaan without going through the wilderness.'
                          Ravi Zachariah ❤️

Comment

Thanks all! It is great to hear how you have found something good in your day!

God's creatures are a gift!

Comment

It was a beautiful day out today, even though it was stormy overnight. So it was nice to be out in the sunshine.
                              Email me!
                              My Profile
                              | Rules | Access | Staff

Comment

The rain is making everything very green and my strawberries grow. Treating myself to a movie day since it's gray and wet outside. Watching movies on my porch is a special treat!
                                nane
                                Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X