Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overcome
    replied
    I love golden girls but have never seen fraiser, can you stream it anywhere? Recently been watching weird food history! Interesting stuff

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    I LOVE Frazier, too - especially Niles. Recently I’ve been catching some reruns late at night right after Golden Girls on the hallmark channel.

The comedy doesn’t get old!

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    yes indeed Falena I am laughing just thinking about them, yes the episodes of them at work & in session with clients are some of the funniest. Somehow the lampooning of their ridiculous & in many ways incompetent practice, made the neg experiences i had with therapists/psychs, it softens it a bit somehow being able to laugh at those experiences helps i think.

And i do love a comedy of errors. I quite often say (when multiple things are going wrong) i feel like i in an episode of Frasier!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    My favourite character was Eddy the Jack Russell terrier, so much so that I bought one for our family pet. They are such clever little dogs.

Yes I used to laugh and laugh at that show.

Maybe, too, I kind of liked that the psychiatrists themselves had their own idiosyncratic ways, dare I say hang ups? They make everyone else appear highly functional. And their pomposity was always called out in one way or another.
    Last edited by Falena Porter; 04-10-2022, 10:15.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Falena i have Frasier box set on dvd, Niles is one of the funniest characters ever for me, even though i know it almost by heart now it still makes me crease up laughing

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    I used to love watching Frasier!

These days, I enjoy some armchair travel.

Michael Portillo and Chris Tarrant each have television series featuring rail journeys in different parts of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Glad you have some 'comfort shows' Plas, mine are Friends & Frasier

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    It has been a rather poor weekend/day, so I’m watching my comfort shows to help me feel better. Buffy, Parks and Rec, etc. They help me cope a lot better than I would otherwise

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    Hahaha his videos are so interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    Short item, kinda off topic. For cat lovers in the building, The Kifness posted another song on Youtube based on a cat's meows. I love these pieces!

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Galadriel is very believable Overcome.

Leave a comment:

• Overcome
    replied
    I traditionally have casting issues if the actors don’t truly look like younger selves. But I might try… love a good lotr.

Leave a comment:

• Tulip
    replied
    Its good Star. But... just a word of 'warning'... i am a massive LOTR fan, watched the extended versions of the trilogy at least 10 times lol, i can recite half of it. And i must admit that the first couple of episodes of this new thing i was a bit 'meh'. But it gets better.

The amazon site has a lot of details about who the characters are & the back story, which i advise looking at first to familiarise yourself, as its a bit confusing. Its set long before Mordor existed, or the Shire, or indeed Hobbits, its hundreds of yrs prior to what we're familiar with, & covers the 2nd age of Middle Earth - after Morgoth (Sauron's predecessor) has been defeated in a great war. It covers the re-emergence of evil into that world and the fight to stop it - so similar in some ways to LOTR but this is the prequel.

There is a lot about the Valar.
    Its fab, but just dont get your hopes up too much i was a bit disappointed initially. I think because i was expecting to be more familiar with things & it seemed a bit slow to get going.

Its called The Rings of Power. As Plas says its on Amazon Prime Streaming service. If you dont have it you can pay for it monthly without commitment so you dont need to commit to having it all year.

Leave a comment:

• Plas
    replied
    It is on Amazon’s streaming service if you are interested, Starship

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    Oh my! I love LOTR - so I MUST watch this!

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X