Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like some thought-provoking material on the show!

Wow, that is the rub in all of life, isn't it? People who won't deal with their own personal issues. And even those of us who purpose to continue our healing journeys. There's no guarantee that we don't have any large or important areas that we can't see or that we somehow remain in denial about.

Catie

Comment

Sounds really cool!
      "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I guess it could be called a TV show... I'm enjoying the Olympics, watching young Ariarne Titmus do so well in all her swims. She is from our little State, but moved to warmer weather, to the Institute of Sport a couple of years ago. Swimming, hockey, gymnastics, diving, syncho swimming, & kayaking are probably my favourite summer Olympic sports.

Comment

That's lovely! Especially that you have a local gal excelling! Very cool.
          Catie

Comment

Been loving Once upon a time!! On the sixth season (out of 7)

Also The falcon and the Winter Soldier is good so far!!

Comment

I like the series Heartland, This is us. They are about real people, families and their struggles.

But I also like to watch the detective kind. I'm watching Blindspot this time.

Comment

I usually haven't been watching TV shows. Videos, mostly. But a few years back I adored This is Us!
                Catie

Comment

I've been sick with bronchitis for over a week and had almost exclusive control over the remote.... this kind of power is really over-rated.
                  although, I have enjoyed catching up in the newest series of The Rookie, as well as some feel-good Hallmark movies

Comment

enjoying "one tree hill"
                    dont leave me all alone frodo...dont go where i cant follow
                    my little gentleman

Comment

I've been watching a show called "Pilgrimage: The Road to Istanbul." It is a three part documentary following seven celebrities who take a pilgrimage across eastern Europe to Istanbul.

The celebrities come from a variety of spiritual backgrounds: atheist, agnostic, Christian, Islamic.

I enjoyed going on the journey with them. It is not preachy, you really feel you are there with people and their growing friendships as they explore what they believe and their reactions to the places they encounter on their way to Istanbul.

There is also another show in the same series, "Pilgrimage: Road to Rome," which I watched last year.

I have seen these shows on our free to air, national broadcaster. I would imagine these programs would be available in many countries and are well worth a look, especially if you've ever thought you'd like to do one of these pilgrimage walks.

Comment

That sounds really fun to watch falena. I’ve been going to a oldie … I love Lucy!

Comment

The most recent movie I watched , and also enjoyed, was Best of Enemies, a movie set in mid-1970's, about racial segregation and the KKK, and how a town fought for justice and won.

Comment

Was that with Taraji P Henson, Humbled? I'm pretty sure that movie's based on a true story. I haven't seen it, but it's on my list. I really like her, and I like stuff that feels so relevant to current events as well.
                            Email me!
                            Scars remind us of where we've been.
                            They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Originally posted by Overcome View Post
                              That sounds really fun to watch falena. I’ve been going to a oldie … I love Lucy!
                              I loved I Love Lucy. We used to watch reruns in the sixties everyday night. Remember the scene from the chocolate factory?

Last night, I watched quite a long documentary about her life and her relationship with Desi Arnes. She was a remarkable woman.

Comment

Yes! Stuffing them in her shirt and mouth lol. It’s hysterical.
                                I also did watch a few documentaries and a work of fiction.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X