Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm enjoying the new season of The Good Doctor.

Comment

I love the Good Doctor, Downton & Victoria. Not seen 'Love Nina' Falena it sounds like something i would like, funny you seen it over there before i seen it in uk

Comment

Hubby and I are watching Philomena... a story that represents so much injustice done in fairly recent history.

Comment

parenthood and stranger things.
          dont leave me all alone frodo...dont go where i cant follow
          my little gentleman

Comment

I’m watching repeats of Michael Palin’s journeys around the world. Before that, those of Joanna Lumley. Also the train journeys of Michael Portillo in UK and USA.

Can anyone discern a theme here?

Comment

I have been watching the musical Hamilton. I am a very thrifty person and I don't subscribe to any streaming services but I made an exception for one month in order to see this. It is absolutely amazing. Put it on your bucket list. Find a friend with a subscription if necessary and ask to sit on their sofa for an evening!

Comment

Which service ? Lol
                "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

Not sure if I'm allowed to specify here but I'm sure you'd find it easily using the title in an internet search.

Comment

Falena, google tells me it's the one service that my adult children don't have access to, lol

At the moment I am watching what's panning out to be a trashy series, Headland.

Comment

I'm still watching mostly youtube and putting on podcasts at night to sleep by.
                      Catie

Comment

I was watching Heartland season 14... but being only 10 episodes, I have finished them all in one weekend.
                        Hint: tissues required for first episode.

Comment

I hope you really enjoyed the season's worth of shows, Humbled!
                          Catie

Comment

I am watching a rather amazing show. It's called In Therapy and that's what it's about, set in Paris after the 2015 attacks when a series of patients go to see an analyst.

It's the only show I've ever seen which depicts therapy anything like it really is.

The dialogue is in French and so it is one of those shows for which you have to read subtitles.

A bit of a busman's holiday as the saying goes, but there is something almost beguiling about watching the therapy of other people. The acting, by the way, is amazing.

Comment

That sounds really neat, Falena. It's intriguing....
                              Catie

Comment

[QUOTE=Falena Porter;n1468756]
                                It's the only show I've ever seen which depicts therapy anything like it really is.
                                /QUOTE]

I've gone off the tv series In Therapy somewhat.

As the episodes continue, one discovers that the therapist is not as kind towards his family as his patients, he makes big errors in his therapy (I mean really big. Errors which are almost impossible to accept of someone supposedly highly experienced) and during sessions, he's always interpreting, telling people what he thinks they need to know. And then when he gets to his supervision, he describes some of his patients with arrogance and disdain. Only he knows best...or so he believes.

And there's more...he and his clinical supervisor seem to have a somewhat antagonistic relationship. I wonder why on earth he doesn't find a more functional relationship for his supervision?

Oh my goodness, if you'd never been in therapy, it would be enough to convince you of the need to be mighty sceptical about the people administering it and giving it the widest possible berth.

I'm glad it's fictional.
                                Last edited by Falena Porter; 31-07-2021, 08:22.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X