Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" is my go to right now. The show plays in Australia in the 20ies, takes up a lot of social issues, has strong characters, and little actual violence.
    nane
    Raise your words not your voice, it's rain that grows flowers not thunder. ~Rumi

Comment

Falena that sounds interesting, maybe on my Thanksgiving break I'll have to look that one up and see if I can find it.

I don't really sit down and watch much tv right now, but I do try and watch a movie with my son once a week or he'll really want me to watch a show with him. I was recently reminded how sweet the How to Tame Your Dragon trilogy is, we watched the 2nd one last week. I also enjoyed one called Mako Mermaids, it's a whole series about this girl that discovers she's a mermaid.

Oh, and Anne with an "E", based on Anne of Green Gables. Might have binge watched that at the beginning of quarantine.

On the adult front, I've really enjoyed a BBC show named "Call the Midwife" it's based in the east end of London, I believe in the end of the 1950's going into the early 1960's. It revolves around the nuns of nonnatus house and the nurses that live with them, primarily the show focuses on the midwifery but there is a lot more to it.

I also really enjoyed Madame Secretary, She's such a strong female character, smart, courageous, real.

That's probably everything good I've watch this past year (or more) lol.
      Moonflower

Comment

I watched loads of "Call the Midwife" a few years back--just loved it, Moonflower!
        Catie

Comment

Moonflower I can remember sitting with my son when he was young, watching TV. I think we had “bonding time” (as I thought of it in my own mind but not said to him) watching shows about animals. There was a show, the name of which now escapes me, about rescue animals.
          Thank you for reminding me of this. It is a good memory of him (as he is now grown up) sitting together.
          As for me, I’m still hooked on Bargain Hunt. If only I lived in the UK I’d apply to go on it! I’ve been watching it nightly for so long I can predict now what many items are worth before the expert gives an opinion!
          Last edited by Falena Porter; 09-10-2020, 21:30.

Comment

I also enjoyed call the midwife.
            and Anne with an E!
            "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I am watching “Mum” from BBCTV. It is the story of a newly widowed woman but not depressing. It is light hearted and shows her gentle sensitivity and how it helps other characters in the show.

Comment

I binge watched season 2 of Virgin River within 3 days of it being released in Australia.

Oh and if course this time if the year, it's all about Christmas movie. For me, there's nothing like a light hearted movie that often has a little romance thrown in.

I enjoy most of the Hallmark produced movies and series

Comment

Virgin River is fabulous! although it gets a bit triggering at times. I also just discovered The Mandalorian which for a star wars/scifi fan is just fantastic.

Do any of you watch The Resident? I wonder if the US medicine business is really that dark?

Comment

I just finished virgin river... glossing over some of the triggering moments I’m hooked. But darn what a cliffhanger ending.

im not current on the resident but have watched it and yes I’m quite sure it’s that dark. I’m sure some embellishments have been made for drama sake, but the premise is true and big pharma a etc. rule
                    Last edited by Overcome; 16-12-2020, 03:10.

Comment

I've never seen Virgin River, though it sounds familiar is it on Netflix?

I've heard of The Resident, but haven't watched that one either maybe I'll see if I can find it out of curiosity sake.

I have started watching Grey's Anatomy, it took me a while to get into, the amount of people hooking up and sleeping around was a bit off putting at first. There is never anything graphic of that nature, but it primarily takes place in a level 1 trauma center so there is a lot of dramatic gore. It's kind of my put on in the background while I'm doing other things show.
                      Moonflower

Comment

I have to say if you watch greys anatomy you’ll have a hard time getting over who the main man in virgin river is as he is from greys lol... if you’re anything like me in which the first thing I watch an actor in that’s who they are to me and I have a tough time changing

Comment

Overcome, one of the funny things I've noticed about Grey's is the amount of actors that pass through as patients in the early seasons that I recognize as characters in other shows. It's interesting it's really just been the past few years that I guess I finally passed the threshold of watching tv and movies where I've started recognizing people more than the handful I know that I like.
                          Moonflower

Comment

Oh dear... Hubby and I are watching 20 to One viral mega hits

Comment

I have been watching a BBC production called "Love Nina." It is about a young woman who goes to work as a nanny in Primrose Hill, London during the eighties. She works for a mother who is an editor and famous people live in the street such as composer Vaughn Williams and writer Alan Bennet.

It is a gentle show and I like looking at the fashions and house decorations of the period as well.

Comment

Ooo I just finished downtown abbey and am watching Victoria. Must be going through an England period.

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X