Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People have talked so much about Maria Kondo, I finally looked up her series on Stan (or was it netflix?) I know now I need to put all my clothes in a big pile and sort through them. And to ask myself ”Does this spark joy in me?”
    I guess I am astonished that it is possible to make an entire series on how to do this.
    At any rate I enjoy watching other people throw out their junk.

Comment

I saw her on a talk show one day Falena. My house would be empty if I went around wondering what items "spark joy" in me. lol...It may not "spark joy" but some stuff, you just need, lol..
      Email me!
      Scars remind us of where we've been.
      They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

well, very little of what i have "sparks joy". maybe someone just has toooo many clothes or items? better for me to say, "can i do without this?" or "do i use this?" i don't think being naked because your clothing doesn't spark joy would be a great thing.

Comment

Hehe. The world will be happy that I dont go naked because my clothing doesn't "spark joy." lol
          Email me!
          Scars remind us of where we've been.
          They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Kondo seems a very sweet lady & the episode i watched was inspiring to declutter, but i do agree that one needs plenty of items that dont spark joy but are needed.... my funeral suit for example. But i did start an approach of 'is it really necessary? if no then does it make me happy? if no then out it goes.

The thing i thought was odd was... did you see how she folds up clothes into tiny shapes? thats fine if you want to look like you slept in it?

Comment

Great to hear from you Tulip.

Maybe I have internalised some of her ideas, at least in my desire to clean up a bit. I have this urge to throw stuff out. All I need to do now is act upon that urge!

I have been watching (well, binged upon actually) a show called State of the Union. Chris O'Dowd and Rosamund Pike are the main characters, hardly anyone else is in it.

I think I have a bit of a crush on Chris O'Dowd. I have no idea what he is like in real life but I always enjoy the characters he has played in shows and movies.

The show itself is about a couple who meet in a bar for ten minutes each week just before they go to marital counselling. You never see them in counselling but there in the bar, they have some marvellous conversations. One is left with the feeling that this is where they do the real work rather than in the therapy which follows it.

I forgot to say that the show is very witty, I laughed out loud quite a bit but there is a pithiness to is also.
              Last edited by Falena Porter; 16-07-2019, 22:12.

Comment

That sounds like a good show! I might have to check it out
                "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

ooo that sounds like the kind of thing i would like i will see if it's available on any of the streaming services.

and great to 'see' you too Falena :rbsmile:

Comment

Euphoria on HBO, one of interesting latest shows

Comment

Looking for a new TV show to watch, but right now watching documentaries

Comment

I like documentaries, too. For some reason, I'm more a fan of nonfiction at the moment.
                        Catie

Comment

I watch whatever I can find on the free online stations.
                          He loved me in my past
                          He's with me in my present
                          He sees me in my future
                          Cause His love lasts and lasts

Comment

Every so often (but not often enough) I come across a movie which really stays with me for days afterwards.

This happened last week. I came across an American movie called "Natural Selection."

Note that there are two movies with this title. I am referring to the one which was made in 2011 and stars Rachel Harris and Matt O'Leary, not the one made later in 2016.

It is about a Christian woman who is unable to have children and who goes in search of a son who was conceived by donor insemination from her husband. Her husband asks that she go in search of his long lost son on his deathbed.

Throughout the movie, I feared for the character whose name is Linda, but (not wanting to give you a spoiler) there is a positive ending. However, the ending is not a slick one.

I loved this movie because the characters were so real and the Christian values Linda holds are there in her, in her life, but her expression of them is not cut-and-paste.

There are some adult-type scenes although I don't think I'd describe them as graphic.

About my only criticism of the movie was that I found some of the dialogue hard to hear at times.

It's not a feel-good chick-flick movie for distraction but if you are looking for something different, with good characterisation and thought provoking, I would recommend this one.

Comment

Thanks! I’m currently addicting to the great baking show. I turn it on mute and watch while I am cutting things for school and just drool over the yummies coming across the screen. Lol
                              "We cannot hold a torch to another's path without brightening our own."

Comment

I am imagining all of that lusciousness, Overcome. I should find a way to do some small-batch baking sometime.

I've had fun keeping up with Claire and her 10 cats on youtube's Cream Heroes and Kittisaurus channels. A young Korean woman with a contagious laugh, she is very creative with her furry charges.
                                Catie

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                                Working...
                                X