Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV shows.... what are you watching these days?

I have just discovered a show called Jane the Virgin, it's not very Godly i'll admit, but boy it just makes me laugh so much. Its a Telenovella, which i never heard of befor e but i'm hooked. It's so completely stupid & unrealistic, but thats why i like it

Also of course my all time favourite Grey's Anatomy. While i'm watching this show i dont think about anything else, ever. For a whole hour my own life doesnt exist & i am transported it's such a blessing just to escape in that way

I've seen the previews for that, but haven't watched it. It looks hilarious.

I watch Designated Survivor, Madam Secretary...all of the shows in the NCIS franchise..

I also enjoy Will and Grace, Big Bang Theory, and really love Young Sheldon.
    Email me!
    Scars remind us of where we've been.
    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

I haven't watched much TV in awhile. I like The Voice and The Resident and a few others.

For whatever reason, I've been watching youtube videos on my TV....
      Catie

Comment

I havent seen the resident Catie whats that?

I love Big Bang too Emily & just started Young Sheldon, Madame Sec is great too i like all the actors in it, i used to like the west wing which was a little similar. I do like American drama, much more than uk programmes in general. All we seem able to churn out is dark sinister crime drama which i never watch. although i do like uk period drama like downton abbey etc.

Comment

The Resident's a medical drama. The main players are a couple of resident drs and corrupt senior doctors.
          Catie

Comment

Originally posted by Catie View Post
            The Resident's a medical drama. The main players are a couple of resident drs and corrupt senior doctors.
            that sounds good, i like medical drama i will look out for it coming to the uk

Comment

Good thread!

I like Fixer Upper & Chopped. Also love to watch Judge Judy when I can. (She sees straight through people’s lies and rules fairly.) Other than that, my mother is always watching the news...so I get my fill of current events and commentary.

I actually detest the commentary where where people are shouting over each other. We’ve all got an opinion...why can’t they just speak civilly and respectfully?? :grim:
              ♥ ♥ ♥
              The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
              Zeph 3:16

Comment

I havent heard of those first 2 Starship, are they reality tv style ones? sounds like home makeover/restoration type stuff. We do get Judge Judy over here though which i dont watch regularly but i have seen it & it's funny the way she just cuts through all the nonsense. I dont watch the news its so depressing & agitating, i just glance at the BBC news headlines online so i have a vague idea, but i figure that me crying over some atrocity isnt going to change it so why expose myself when strength is so limited. I agree about the shouting over each other, although i think UK is maybe bit more restrained where thats concerned.

Comment

The Handmaids Tale.
                  Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

Tulip, I liked The West Wing so much we bought the dvd set. I've watched the whole thing several times. lol.

Email me!
                    Scars remind us of where we've been.
                    They don't have to dictate where we're going.~Criminal Minds

Comment

Originally posted by Brina View Post
                      The Handmaids Tale.
                      oh my goodness you are brave Brina, i found even the trailer for that distressing. but i know its very well made it had rave reviews here

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post
                        Tulip, I liked The West Wing so much we bought the dvd set. I've watched the whole thing several times. lol.
                        ha ha me too! I have watched all 7 seasons at least 10 times! i watch it when i triggered & cant cope.
                        I am drawn to the way the team can argue with one another so robustly, so pssionately without ever being abusive to each other. that is unheard of in my life. in my world itts dangerous to even think* contradictory things to the other person, never mind say them powerfully & challengingly, without fear. CJ is my hero

Comment

I think as someone who grew up as I did a lot of that kind of mind set and violence is familiar so it draws me into it.

not sure how healthy that is... ha
                          Email me!

Don't take criticism from people you wouldn't take advice from

Comment

I think as someone who grew up as I did a lot of that kind of mind set and violence is familiar so it draws me into it.

yeah i can relate to that somewhat, i have to be quite strict with myself in avoiding such things because if i once start watching triggering stuff i become kind of dissociatively mesmerised by it, & am not aware of how much it's triggering & distressing me until it ends & i reconnect with myself & it hits me like a tidal wave & i end up rocking in a ball on the floor. It is weird how we can be simultaneously drawn to things which might trigger us huh.

Due to my father being (amongst other things) a pathological liar & massive fantasist & con artist, i couldn't watch anything that involved people lying/conning others for many yrs, - which seriously restricted my choices! as nearly every plot involves lies etc
                            ut i see it as a sign of my progress that i can watch that now without any after effects

Comment

I so relate!

Comment

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
                              Working...
                              X