What's your favorite breakfast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily
    started a topic What's your favorite breakfast?

What's your favorite breakfast?

Do you eat breakfast every day? What do you usually have? What is your favorite breakfast?

I eat breakfast most days, and I rotate between several things because I get very bored eating the same thing all the time. Usually it's either some version of hot or cold cereal and/or some version of toast. In the summer sometimes it's smoothies.

Right now, my regular go-to breakfasts are a hot, multi-grain cereal. Or, in a switch that's a surprise, even to me, mashed avocado on toast, with a sprinkle of salt. I used to hate avocado, now I can't seem to get enough! lol.

I also like big meal "breakfasts", but I enjoy them more for dinner than for breakfast. So I love waffles or pancakes. I enjoy omelettes, or eggs benedict...or an old favorite, biscuits and gravy....But all of those, I'm more likely to have for dinner than breakfast.

• Catie
    replied
    Those veggies sound good, Hope!

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Yum!

Leave a comment:

• Hope
    replied
    don't always eat it. Lots of times it is a protein drink. If I take the times I love fried potatoes with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes an egg and then all mixed together with cheese on top. Works for lunch or dinner too.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    I think it is, haha!

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    It sounds almost like a new language!

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    They are, I've been really into almond flavored macchiato sweetened with dark maple syrup.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    All those iterations of coffee sound yummy! I don't think I've tried matcha...

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Yeah I can't do more than one caffeine a day - or I'll be up all night. Yes, been into the flavored coffee thing as well, I got a frothy coffee machine so I can make cappuccino, macchiato and lattes - flavored - which has been really nice. I've been doing the matcha latte to be more alkaline rather than the acidic coffee, though I do like the coffee flavor much better.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    In my world, there's First Coffee, rapidly followed by Second Coffee. Though Second Coffee is usually decaf, it's still coffee.

Not sure why it was that I hated coffee until I lived in a bitterly cold place. And even then I barely sampled it. Sometime a few years ago I did a slow slide from tea to flavored coffee.

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Good one, LOL :-)

Leave a comment:

• Starship
    replied
    Freedomsong, Im with you on needing coffee before doing anything that requires making a choice or using a brain cell! LOL

Leave a comment:

• FreedomSong777
    replied
    Coconut matcha latte or coffee on the weekend. Food comes later, when I'm awake enough to find it. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• Catie
    replied
    Falena, I hope you much enjoyed some alone time and your yummy breakfast!

Leave a comment:

• Falena Porter
    replied
    My favourite breakfast is what I am having right now. Everyone has gone out and it's a steaming cup of tea with honey on toast.

Leave a comment:

Join us on twitter to chat, meet new friends, & share resources 

@SurvivorOasis
Working...
X